Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Small planters

arm

Leg
Does anyone have experience with a two-row planter? If so what is your acre cut off? If you're doing say 5 acres or less do you feel it's worth while or taking forever?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Does anyone have experience with a two-row planter? If so what is your acre cut off? If you're doing say 5 acres or less do you feel it's worth while or taking forever?

Had a two row before my current 4 row. If only planting 5 acres in a year, no worries at all. Probably only take you a few hours.

Yep. Just more time. Which- for 5 acres. Who cares if it takes u half a day to do it. I wouldn’t be afraid of a good 2 row at all unless I had like 15+ acres or something.

No-till? Would be huge time saver it I could quit tilling

I've been looking there, requested and auction account or whatever it was buy hit a road block. If you decide to purchase for me, I have plenty of IOUs in return

How big that field nwgh? Great vid. Looks like a heck of a lot of food!!!

I like no til corn if I’m running it into previous cropped stuff. I avoid tillage as much as possible but I also have some hilly stuff that I don’t wanna tear up. On corn: if starting a crop from scratch- u gotta work ground up. But- going into bean stubble or old brassicas for example: no till works fantastic on corn. Beans are a little easier on no till. Sod is always going to be anyone’s worst scenario. After that it’s a lot easier. Row cleaners are also one thing a guy could look at adding that really do make some nice advancements for no till & helping plants get through trash that otherwise might thin the stand out.

How big that field nwgh? Great vid. Looks like a heck of a lot of food!!!
2 Acres of corn
3 acres of beans
8 acres of RWWP Bedding in a Bag WSG mix.
I think I will end up being a killer layout to fit this farm. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I hope to get my electric fencer up on the 5 acres of food plot before the end of the weekend.

Top Bottom