Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

smaller saw

Rich77

Im going to put together a dedicated hinge cutting saw.
Going to grab an older model completely refurbished stihl 026 but would like to keep running a 3/8 chains. Does anyone on here have an trouble finding 16-18" 3/8 non safety chains?
Other saws are all 70cc+ sized saws and usually run full chisel chains. Ive been using a 70's vintage homelite but have a few large properties that i need a dependable saw and i would prefer to keep all my files and such the same. Im thinking a 16" bar and chain with a 1 tooth bigger drive sprocket to keep a short bar really moving through small trees

Don't know where in SE Iowa you're at, but the Amish saw shop in Drakesville has all kinds of chain, sprockets, etc. I'd go talk to them or someplace similar.

You shouldn't have any troubles finding yellow chains for your 026. I would def stick with 16" with a 7 tooth rim and you'll be fine.

Just remember semi chisel is slower in the cut that full chisel, but it lasts a lot longer. Just as 3/8 will last longer than .325

Top Bottom