Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

So close...(BBD?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the DNR regs - page 27.

Youth Deer Season. Iowa residents that are less than 16 years old on the day they obtain a license, are eligible for the Youth Season subject to the following restrictions:
While hunting, youth hunters must be under the direct supervision of an adult mentor who has a valid Hunting License and has paid the Habitat Fee, if the adult is normally required to have them to hunt. Only one youth hunter may accompany each adult mentor.

Be careful.

bwese said:
A little late to the party but did you try a dog to blood trail or scent trail it? Even now a dog could find it but of course it would be no good but at least you would recover it. I realize it might not be the best for your short term hunting but one owes it to the animal.

Can you use a dog to recover deer? I knew you couldn't hunt with them just not completely sure on using em to trail a wounded deer.

beararchery said:
Can you use a dog to recover deer? I knew you couldn't hunt with them just not completely sure on using em to trail a wounded deer.

Nothing wrong with taking your dog for a walk in the woods either. Just leave the orange and gun at home. Oh look, there's that deer I shot 3 days ago.... NP...

C"MON MAN!!! some of your 'friends' said you gave up 2 days ago!
Did you find any hair?
Did you look for any hair?

Why do you think you found blood on your boots?
Where was your light?
Where was your Dad?

We deserve a better explaination than you've given.
Sorry to be rude but I'm sick of these threads.
" I shot at a big one and think I hit him...but maybe not. Where is he?"

Maybe you should have tried a ricochet shot like you skipped your arrow last year:way:

Sorry about being an ass...... but come on man. Just seems funny you have all these photos and details.

Everyone makes a bad shot now and then. The animal deserves some great effort from you to find it. You may be down in the dumps about the situation but suck it up and get out there. How bout canceling some dates and go look for that deer, you owe it that much.

-}}}---------->

Last edited:
And now you're going to be banned :D Should give you more time to practice. JKN

But seriously.... TH you can't expect people to not give you crap when you consistently post the same things about wounding deer and not acting like it's a big deal. Sure there are groups around you that may do it, but that doesn't make it right.

I think some people are just fed up with your posts about these sort of situations. You would be too if someone else was posting this stuff. Can you blame them when you read back through some of your stuff?

Keep your head up and take some of this as constructive criticism and move on. Being a sportsman is a very important factor in hunting and life. You'll be fine, just practice alot!

Bieber is using the Iowawhitetail forum as his Facebook and Twitter account.
I don't want to read about you chasing a gut shot deer for a week. Welcome to the School of Hard Knocks Bieber. :thrwrck:

But seriously.... TH you can't expect people to not give you crap when you consistently post the same things about wounding deer and not acting like it's a big deal. Sure there are groups around you that may do it, but that doesn't make it right.

I think some people are just fed up with your posts about these sort of situations. You would be too if someone else was posting this stuff. Can you blame them when you read back through some of your stuff?

Keep your head up and take some of this as constructive criticism and move on. Being a sportsman is a very important factor in hunting and life. You'll be fine, just practice alot!

You said it mister. I had a prediction of what TH's youth season would turn out like. Unfortunately I was dead on.

Slow down young man and soak it all in, lots to learn. There is a story about the young bull and old bull at the top of a hill looking down on a field of cows. Have someone tell you how it goes.

Its pretty easy to say you shot a big one, unfortunately I would have been willing to bet that this deer wasnt going to be found as soon as I got the text from my buddy saying "teenage hunter strikes again, get on iowawhitetail"

I have to agree with the rest of you. Tired of reading the same old stories how he shot the BIG one and can never find them. And doesnt seem like he really looks for them. Just really hope he doesnt hunt anywhere close to me. Hope he matures one day and realizes how much credit and effort these animals deserve.

TH - We all enjoy having you as part of this site. If I was in your shoes, the last couple pages worth of posts would be about enough to make me not want to visit here as regularly......please don't quit hanging chipping in on here and don't give up with your obvious passion of hunting. That would be the extreme I understand, but you never know how someone will react to a lot of criticism. I agree with a lot of the posts, but some of them may be said a little harshly. Keep your head up and continue looking for your deer. The problem a lot of us have is for the last couple of years, it has been the same story every season for you. You shot a nice one and couldn't find it or shot at and missed a lot! Based on your history, my best advice for you would be practice practice practice. I can't stress enough how much you should be practicing with your bow AND gun. You obviously have a bad case of buck fever if you can't put a shot in the kill zone at 15 yards. That's not to put you down, but to make you realize that there should be no way that deer ended up with a gut shot. I used to get buck fever terribly and missed a LOT of nice deer with my muzzy due to it. I finally realized what I was doing and it came down to the fact that it wasn't just my nerves and shaking that was making me miss, but rather I was jerking the trigger which was throwing my gun up before the shot. Once I figured that out, I concentrate on slowly squeezing the trigger EVERY TIME I shoot, especially when shooting at a deer! I have to make sure that gun surprises me which can be very hard to do when the crosshairs of my scope are on a nice buck. My issue may not seem relevant, but my point is, beyond the nerves, there is probably a couple of things that your are relaxing on or forgetting about when it comes time to pull the trigger on a deer, figure out what they are and work on them. You owe it to yourself and the animal you are pursuing. Good luck in the future!

It's not a race to see who can shoot the biggest deer, its about patience and discipline and waiting for the right shot to present itself. If ya don't have the best shot, wouldn't you rather see him walk and have another chance at him later which is more likely to happen rather than wounding him, not finding him, and never seeing the buck again. You're going to realize you don't have to shoot the biggest buck in the woods to be a good hunter each year, just practice and wait for the right shot. We all make mistakes...

TH: Keep your head up, everyone makes a bad shot now and then. You just have to keep in mind that this great sport we all love is not all about the kill. The kill is the easiest part. Its what leads up to the kill ( trail cams, food plots, practicing with your weapon of choice, shed hunting, and scouting) that makes a hunt enjoyable. Yes everyone wants to kill a wallhanger, myself included. However its not a race or a competition between other hunters( even if it seems to be). Its a competition between you and a deer. Its outwitting a deer in its unpressured natural surroundings and respecting a deer for its God given ability to outwit us more times than not. When you learn that you will be more successful at hunting. Never stop learning whether that be from a mistake you made, a new trick to help you shoot better, or something that you observed on stand. I have found from my own hunting experience that if a person doesnt at least learn one thing from a hunting season your not paying attention. Keep your head up Beibs! You'll learn something from this experience and it will carry you forward whether you let it be a good or a bad thing is up to you.

TH, if you are hunting out of a blind are you shooting off sticks? If not, maybe you should be.. Takes a lot of the guess work out of things. Maybe a $60 investment will bring you more success in recovering deer..

TH is banned so he wont be getting anymore advice. Don't know if its permanent or just 30 days. Kinda went postal on Cooter and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom