Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

So what does everyone do these 2 days between shotgun 1 & shotgun 2?

I do not understand the no archery hunting during the gun season? Is it a safety issue, if so, explain? Most states you can bow hunt during the gun season. For some, that do not gun hunt, it makes no sense, especially if you are hunting on your own land?

I have never understood the reasoning either why you cant bowhunt gun seasons, it would be no different than late muzzy... This year shotgun, I was stand hunting the entire time, except my walk to my stand where I killed my buck.. I am curious the true reasoning

I do not understand the no archery hunting during the gun season? Is it a safety issue, if so, explain? Most states you can bow hunt during the gun season. For some, that do not gun hunt, it makes no sense, especially if you are hunting on your own land?

I don't understand it either, that's how Illinois was until this year. I am glad they changed it, I would rather be out there with my bow then my gun. My guess is back when gun seasons started the not allowing archery at the same time was a non factor because there where a lot less bow hunters. Does anyone know the original reason why you can't bow hunt between gun seasons?

I agree with JNRBRONC. Also we get basically 3 months to bow hunt so I'm not opposed to to giving up 16 days of bow hunting. If we were other states that had a gun season during the rut I would definitely lobby for archery staying open during shotgun seasons.
Also I feel some of it may be a safety concern. There's enough hunting accidents each year during shotgun that we don't need to add more people to the mix. Shotgun season in the hilly parts I would not want to be sitting in a tree, too many people shooting at deer on ridges for my liking.

I'm not for sure but I don't think they wrote rules just to try to stop folks from using methods of take when they shouldn't. I mean, shove an arrow in a muzzleloader hole during late season. And I like to argue with BBH88 so my stance is not from above. Likely safety.

No idea on the 2 days off each season. Maybe one of the old balls (thinking wise and experienced, not derogitory) on here would know? No hunting on sundays in the other state is facinsting.

The gun hunters don't need the bowhunters out messing up their hunts. Bowhunters have plenty of time where they have the woods to themselves.

Out there trying to get a good deer drive going only to have some bowhunter slinging arrows and wounding deer as they run by. We don't need that.

Top Bottom