Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Some recent knives

Shovelbuck

Been real busy the past month and a half or so building knives. Had a run on very large primitive Bowies and some rail road spike knives with blades from files, along with a few basic hunters.

Trade ya for some pine pitch! Its high quality! :D:D:D

One of these days, you'll be getting a request from me!

Hey Jay are these all spoken for. Would love to add another one of yours to my collection

Awesome work, love the spikes and the knife in the 4th pic.

Kratz

Hey Jay are these all spoken for. Would love to add another one of yours to my collection

Awesome work, love the spikes and the knife in the 4th pic.

Kratz

So far I've kept the 4th one for myself. :) The others are all sold. I could probably make another spike knife. PM me if interested.

How did you make those spike knives? Make a blade then split the spike? Drawing out a spike to that length would be tough but I can't figure out how you would have secured the blade in the split. Any chance of other views? Great work as always.

How did you make those spike knives? Make a blade then split the spike? Drawing out a spike to that length would be tough but I can't figure out how you would have secured the blade in the split. Any chance of other views? Great work as always.

You got it. I split the spike then attach the blade. The first one I made, I forge welded the blade to the spike. Not an easy task as they require different welding temps and 5 hands. The rest I cut a slot in the spike, then insert the blade leaving about a 3/16 gap at the back. I use a wire feed to weld them together, filling the gap. The top and bottom is also welded. Grind everything down then heat treat. Sorry, no other pics.

Amazing work as always. Look forward to it every time you post pics. Great craftsmanship Jay.

Top Bottom