Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Someone Make it Rain!!

Drought not really funny. Crazy thing is all "Expert", Meteorologists,Climotologists,Computer Programs,,did not see this coming? Even though the basic weather pattern is the same as last year. It finally broke down, around the end of Oct last year, and I suspect,Hope, it finally does again. In the mean time food plots a little of a joke.

30% chance on Sunday!!! Don't get your hopes up. Lol. However temps are cooler next week which should help a little bit.

Last edited:
On the WHO Radio Big Show farmers were texting them to wake them up as to how dire conditions are. Crops shot-in a lot of areas. worse than last yr. Landscape around DesMoines reminds me of my trips to Wyoming. I believe the Plains are shifting east.

WAETHER FORECAST: Best chances of rain may come next Sunday when some say ,gulf moisture may return, until then near record heat with fire watch potential. Finally some 70's though next weekend. Bring out the jackets!

.25" last night in marshalltown by my rain guage.. thought it rained pretty hard for only .25"

Unfortunately, again we got nothing - my foodplots have wilted up and quit - hope they revive a little if we ever get any rain and aren't just DEAD.

A look at the radar estimates show most of Iowa got little last night,,except for the far NE. If any are into weather patterns-----Recent dry pattern can be blamed on a persistent NW flow in the atomosphere, over a big blocking ridge to our west, with stormy weather to our East. Next week the pattern will finally change, with a deep trough-storm, out west , drawing moist winds twards Iowa. Unfortunately,,high pressure may then block stormy weather to the west of Iowa. We can't seem to win. Eventually this pattern change may get us wet?

Loneranger.. you get any of that rain this afternoon in se iowa? I showed about a tenth in the rain guage in the Muscatine area.. hopefully that will be enough to get the seeds sprouted in the next couple of days and then hopefully we get some more on sunday.. i just hope the scorching heat is done!

I am not at my property, so I don't know, but from radar estimates, I'd say around a 1/4 inch. It was a very small area of shwrs, that moved across Wapello, and Jefferson counties. Most of the state got little. Up here where I work north of DesMoines, .7, but that was a narrow area too. The state has yet to see widespread rain, for the past two months. A quarter inch on my 6 inches of dust not enough to germinate anything, worse is if enough moisture falls to germinate seeds and then it dries up quickly, and the seeds die. Oh well,,,replant,,,,.

I am not at my property, so I don't know, but from radar estimates, I'd say around a 1/4 inch. It was a very small area of shwrs, that moved across Wapello, and Jefferson counties. Most of the state got little. Up here where I work north of DesMoines, .7, but that was a narrow area too. The state has yet to see widespread rain, for the past two months. A quarter inch on my 6 inches of dust not enough to germinate anything, worse is if enough moisture falls to germinate seeds and then it dries up quickly, and the seeds die. Oh well,,,replant,,,,.

Check the radar now Ed, I am getting a good rain at my place right now and it looks like it should be hitting you about now.

Been up all night working and watching this system tease me talk about disappointing another 20 miles north this system would of made a lot of us happy.

image-4022978288.jpg

I also read parts of southern Wis, also very dry, so there are many areas. Officially, today on the NEWS, 42% of Iowa is in a severe drought condition. Yet Northern Colorado is having flash flooding from 4 days of constant rain. CRAZY?:confused:

Top Bottom