Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Someone Make it Rain!!

I know about Rathbon,,that is ever so close to me, but it never moved north. Davis Co. VanBuren Co, and south to Kirksville Mo . Ottumwa, Fairfield, Oskaloosa,little. You are blessed down there. The SE US, along with the east coast, did great this summer. A"Trough" in the atomosphere over there. Iowa has been dominated by that Huge Heat Ridge. When the SE-US was having their droughts a few yrs ago, Iowa was having floods. Where ever the HEAT Dome sets up every Summer is critical as to who gets water and who doesn't. Just a little Meteorlogical Info, for those who are interested!

Saturday -Sunday rainfall, is predicted by some computers to favor northern Iowa. We will see? Hope that is wrong:mad:

NE Iowa,,yea I bet you hope they are correct. I am SE. Seems you have done pretty well so far up there though. I am sure there are dry areas all over.

12 inces have fallen on Boulder Colorado this month. Old record was 5 inches. Iowa used to get 5 inches in one night, some places in fact this spring. Seems a long timr ago:rolleyes:

Haven't had a drop in 3 weeks.

Cereal grains are just sitting there. Nothing I can do about it
but sooner or later we will get some rain to get them going.

I know,,,there are dry areas everywhere. Well latest weather service forecast says 1/2 to 1 inch of rain is likely Iowa statewide Sunday and more Tues-Wed, let's pray they are right this time for everyone!

Missed it in SE Iowa,,again,,and again,,rye still waiting,,,for past numerous wks to get otta the ground! My part of SE Iowa that is. I know others down here got plenty last week and Sunday.

Got a little more in Nevada last night and this morning. Haven't really amounted to much but rain is rain and we need it

Missed again!

T&H - I'm in the same boat (on dry dusty ground) that you are. Property is in northern Lee County on the Skunk. I waited to plant the rye mix until last Saturday because I finally saw a good chance for rain Sunday and throughout this week. It seems like the big green blobs on the radar have been north and south of my seed beds. Looks like a good chance on Friday for AM rain shower, of course that could change in a moment's notice.

Finally got about 6 tenths of rain here at home - the only rain over 2 tenths we've received since early June. Hope we get some more! Too late for the corn but can still do my beans and my food plots some good.

Top Bottom