Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

southern iowa giant

Status
Not open for further replies.
huntemup

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by archery95
This thread has gone on a lot longer than I thought it would.What it all boils down to it...If a legit hunter shoots a deer and its all legit he would be more than willing to step forward and prove it.If there is a problem or something is fishy about the kill he will sit back and say "prove it".
I personally know a guy in s/e Iowa that has killed 18 B&C bucks..everyone in the world knows he didn't shoot a single one of them legally.Everyone in Iowa has heard his name but no one can catch him red handed.So is he innocent of it or just a good enough poacher to not get caught.
If this guy shot the deer legally he should step forward and shut the haters up.Untill then take the abuse he desreves.

This may go beyond absurd. I defy you to "prove" any one of your deer were taken legally. (assuming you have killed a deer) If you cant, do you deserve abuse? How does one go about proving something like that?. I killed a great buck in November with my bow legally. However, I know of no way that I could prove that to you beyond a doubt. Do you??? This is beyond ridiculous. I am not taking sides as I really dont care about the deer in question or the hunter. But, this finger pointing and asking for proof is quite juvenile. Sounds like the kind of reasoning and argument my sons used when they were in gradeschool.
user_offline.gif

Well said, Huntemup.

I once killed a great deer. I heard the odd rumor that some idiot started. I didn't owe any of the such people that started coffeee shop gossip, Jack Squat!

Myself, friends, family members and landowners and neighbors all knew the truth. I could have cared less about the jokers who didn't even know who I was but decided to spout off some crap.

I don't think "prove" is the right terminology, but I do believe examining the hunters willingness, or unwillingness, to answer questions and how those questions are answered is valid. Only the DNR and those around him know. I know if I shot a 200 plus deer I would welcome anyone from the DNR, magazines, neighbors, etc to ask away. I know some like to claim the hunter simply wants privacy. That may be true in an isolated case but most want to share the story if the tale is legal.

I'd suspect that if the DNR were going to investigate the entire thing, he wouldn't really have much of a choice as to "willingness" and has it ever been said that this person in ? does not want to share the story? This is all getting a bit ridiculous in terms of what a legal, successful hunter should do. They kill it, tag it, report it if required and in my eyes they've done what is required of them.

Deer do move from property to property. If the deer was shot and pressured he could have run anywhere. Just because he had been on 5000 acres doesn't mean he's going to stay there, especially if he was pushed and had been shot. He might have thought his safe haven didn't exist anymore. I get tired of hearing everytime a big buck is killed that it was done illegally. If it was done illegally throw the book at him. Take his hunting rights away for the rest of his life. If it was done legally CONGRATS to the hunter. If you knew where this deer was living and wintered how had he not been killed before especially at nine years of age. Sounds like a little bit of jealousy and resentment. I hope that this deer was taken legally and I hope I get to see him at the deer classic. Deer hunting and killing big bucks has gone to the extreme. These are free ranging animals and they can travel a long ways. People get so damn excited and they think they own these deer once they get a trail cam or find a shed or see them when they are hunting. People have gone nuts over a 4 legged animal with antlers.

I guess the word "PROVE" isn't exactly the word that should be used here.
If I shot a buck and someone called the game warden and said he thought I shot it illegally.I would expect the Game warden to come knock on my door.At that point I would answer all question that were asked.Take him and show my stand site,where the deer was standing when shot,where the trail ended,gutpile,bloody arrow,tags and license.That should be enough proof.I wasn't talking about a DNA test or a jury trial.
If there WAS something I did wrong I would obviously say "prove it".
There is a few thing i am adimitly against...woman beaters,child molesters,thieves and game and fish law violaters.

How does anyone except this hunter and the DNR know if this has or hasn't been looked into. Everyone is throwing speculations and accusations around. If you weren't there to witness the hunt you don't know.

I know not all of you will agree with me and most of you are going to get down on me because I am telling this so blunt. Thats fine I have broad shoulders and will take it.This just needs to be heard.

We know that it has been looked into because we started the investigation. We have reports back from the dnr plus other landowners. I simply posted the facts we have on here and everyone wants to jump up and defend this guy. I hope he did take it ligit I will shake the guys hand and apoligize for everything I said about him. Just look at this from our point. This deer was shot at the night before. Once on the trail of him there was nothing but hair no blood so he was not pushed at all we backed right out. All of a sudden the next day this deer is shot far away out in the middle of a wide open horse pasture. Why would a nine year old deer leave all the food and cover he needed. We will never know but from the facts we have he didnt leave. This guy shoots the biggest deer he prob will ever shoot and he will not talk to anyone about it. Dosent this sound fishy to you. If any of us shot a deer this big we would be showing all our friends this guy wont even return calls to his friends. Not only that a neighbor had pics of this deer and some sheds he would like to share with the hunter but again no response back. We then talk to the landowner of where the deer was supposedly shot. landowner say yes I gave him permission to hunt the east side of my property thats all. Now the hunter shoots this deer on the west side of his property. Ok so now this guy didnt listen to the landowner why would he worry about fencelines. After finding tracks going in and out of ours off the west side of landowners property we can see he didnt care about where he went. Now yes this might just be trespassing in somes eyes. In our eyes if you trespass to kill a big deer you poached him. So now we find all this out and call the dnr. After there investigation they come back with this answer to us " We know the hunter and his family he has killed lots of big deer and would not do this. So if he says he didnt then he didnt" Come on do you think were gonna be satisfied with that answer?????? No this is all being kept to quiet for some reason. Yes I know your innocent untill proven guilty and were still working on that but come on. Hunter if your out there and read this or hear about it just come out and put us in our place show its ligit.

I am not on here being jealous about a big buck. This exact thing happened to me this year a hunter of mine shot a giant deer over (200"). Well I got the phone call I was a poacher so what did I do? I proved this guy wrong right then and there. I walked him throught the entire hunt and location.It was the right thing to do. I knew in my heart it was shot legal and there was no way I would let anyone drag my name through the mud. Once I proved to this guy it was ligit he looked me in the eye said sorry and shook my hand. It was cleared up with in a few hours.

Plain and simple something is not right with this deer. The hunter is just sitting back trying to keep it all quiet and letting it blow over. I will say again if I am worng I will apoligize to him and everyone on here. We just want to know the truth.

Havn't you heard of the Brian Andrews Buck?????? That would be my number one reason for keeping my mouth shut. Those of you who say that you would have no problem running around telling everyone, showing them pictures and everything else might think differently when the mount ends up gone. Everyones opinions different when they're on the outside looking in.

Sask, noone is obligated to speak with any law enforcement officer if approached. You have the absolute right to refuse to answer questions. Therein my point. If this guy was approached "how" he answered questions is valid. By that I mean was he completely forth coming or vague with his answers. Again, only the DNR officer knows. Of course, vague answers is not enough to persecute someone but it's a starting point for the officer when forming his theory and/or opinion. This isn't Canada, unfortunately a person does not have to cooperate with law enforcement.

Jdubs and TT why not wait until the DNR have finished the investigation and then you could post the results. TT you say if it is legit you will shake the guys hand and apoligize, too late buddy the damage has been done since you have decided to bash him all over the internet. The difference between you and the other guy who accused you is he didn't get on the internet on several websites and start posting this stuff.

If the guy is guilty I'm sure the DNR will get him and when and if they do then we can talk about it.

One things for sure I'm glad I don't kill deer of that caliber!

i just heard from someone who talked to the dnr officer that investigated it.and he said it was legit.i believe that the dnr officer is the only person he had to explain himself to.this same thing was said about a big buck that was shot last year with a shotgun,and he made the cover of north american whitetail.i can tell you that most people wont tell you the exact spot were they shot there deer.one of the best places to kill big bucks is right next to managed land.

Ishedhunt your right the guy didnt post on a website but he did just as bad on the phone and with his mouth.

I am done on this post I have spoke my mind this will be my last one. Thanks to every one of you for your response.

Well Tim than you know how it feels to be accused, it's clear you didn't like it. So that brings me to another point why on earth would you do it and pass judgement on someone until all the facts are out and the folks who will make the final decision haven't charged the guy with anything.

I think it speaks volumes about your character. I don't know you and based upon your posts I hope I never do!

Ishedhunt, I havn't taken a position either way so don't clump me in with TT. I commented on a couple of posts but took no position one way or the other. Honestly, I don't care about the deer or the hunter.

Ishedhunt,

I have the facts. What more can I say. Your rigth I didnt like it but as soon as it came up I cleared my name.

Do you know the hunter ?
Do you know any of the landowners involved ?
Did the DNR tell you there findings ?
Do you know any one involved in this?

I DO. Yeah I have spoke my mind because we know the facts. No the DNR did not proscute the guy but they didnt do a complete investigation in my eyes. You guys all sit there behind your keyboards with no facts and defend this guy. We started this to get the word out that something is not right with this deer. Yes I was blunt in my post but it opend alot of eyes. We tried to go the right way about it but it got us no where. So we wanted to see what other people had to say and just maybe the truth would come out. You guys have all made your thoughts very clear. I hope one day this happens to you and you can all be in our shoes.

Again I am done posting about this.

Jdubs this is why I posted it to you:
I don't think "prove" is the right terminology, but I do believe examining the hunters willingness, or unwillingness, to answer questions and how those questions are answered is valid. Only the DNR and those around him know. I know if I shot a 200 plus deer I would welcome anyone from the DNR, magazines, neighbors, etc to ask away. I know some like to claim the hunter simply wants privacy. That may be true in an isolated case but most want to share the story if the tale is legal.

The guy who shot the buck owes us nothing, if the DNR asks then he owes them an explanation. There are several legal and valid reasons someone might not want to share all the info or any of the info with you. So what! Does that mean they cheated? No. That's what the Whitetail World has become. Everytime someone shoots a big buck there is always someone who will say something negitive no matter what. It's BS and petty. Now you wonder why people don't want to share with everyone, trust me I kill my fair share of good bucks and find my share of good sheds. I only share with good friends, ones I know I can trust and that truly are as happy for me harvesting a great deer as they would be if they harvested it themselves. I cleaned house on the deadweight that was bogging me down and now my life is much more enjoyable since I surrounded my self with folks who aren't jealous of others accomplishments!

I learned the hard the way by posting photos on the web. You are kidding yourself if you don't think the POS's that lurk on the sites aren't just looking for info they can use to their advantage.

Last edited:
Well Tim the facts you talk about having weren't good enough for the local DNR to press charges from what I gather. So I guess that means you will be apoligizing to the hunter or based on your last post since what you wanted to happen didn't you will hold your ground? When will it ever be good enough for you guys when someone kills a big buck that you all are hunting? Man it must suck to be that bitter over stuff you have no control over!

Oh and on losing the big buck to someone else I felt wasn't following the law it happened to me more times than I care to review! When I had info I called the DNR and let them deal with it, a few times I was right and a few I was wrong. But I'm not the DNR so I let them do their job and I continued to do mine!

It opened alot of eyes alright. Alot of eyes are now open in regards to the character of anyone who would come on the internet and slander someone as has been done.

But really, nothing surprises me anymore.

TT, I understand your placement on the matter...you thought something looked fishy, so you acted, you did your part by calling the DNR and Im sure most would appreciate it. The DNR found nothing that was fishy so they closed the case. Should of been end of story.

As a business owner with your website readily available, I hope this doesnt affect your outfitter business, because it shows your character even after you have been put in the position yourself.

On another position, If I shot a deer that was of this factor, 4 people would get to see it and know about it, My 2 closest friends (which would be helping me recover it, myself, and the taxidermist. That is it because of crap like this. And I know for a fact they would be just as excited about the kill as I was. No magazine would get pictures, not even my friends would get pictures, hell I wouldnt even call the DNR to come help me drag it out. I might have a friend take a picture of me with the deer but a field photo to me isnt that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom