Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spooked deer?

killer buck

I got busted for the first time by some deer last night in my best spot. I didnt start hunting that spot till the 26 of October. I think im going to give that spot 2 to 3 days before I head back down there. What do you guys usually do?

If they were does I think your fine. I got busted by a lot of deer Saturday morning around 550 am. 10 minutes later had a butt load of deer 10 yards away getting dogged by a grunt happy buck. So It just depends on the situation. Mornings are alot easier to get away with, as the deer can't see as well and to me they calm down way easier. Bucks are a different story. I have bumped 2 in my bowhunting career. Both in the evening and both were shooters. I never seen those deer again. Just depends on the deer and the situation. I don't think its a bad idea to wait if you dont know what you bumped. Just depends on the situation. It can't hurt your spot waiting 2-3 days.

Depends on how you got busted IMO. If you got busted while on stand because they caught your scent, then you may want to re-evaluate which winds you hunt that stand on and give it a good break. If you got busted walking in or out, I generally have seen no ill-effects of that on my spots.

The deer didnt smell me.I went to stand up in my stand and I didnt know there was a doe and a buck behind me in some brush. They went running

Top Bottom