Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spot Hogg Sights

I just got a new bow a couple days ago and I'm trying to decide on a sight. I've seen a lot of you swear by Spot Hogg here in the past. Are they truly worth their price tag?

I was looking at one of their cheaper sights (Right On) and even it is $150+

So those of you who use Spot Hogg, are they worth it?

Real deal! Who needs more then five pins unless you hunt out west. I had a older one without the bullet proof pins, sent it in and for $30 they upgraded.

Spott hogg is the most well made sight on the market.
I bought a tommy hogg and my wife decided that she liked it and I now have the hogg father.
They are worth the crazy price tag.
We are both shooting the single pin versions of each of those models.
Spott hogg also offers a 45% military discount to any of you guys on here that are active military, just call them up and tell them what your looking for and they will get you fixed up, great customer service.

Just my $.02.....
I had 2 Hoyt Alphamax bows for the last 3 years. One I bought new from a dealer and put a Tru Glo 5 pin sight with micro adjust on it. I think it was about $60.00-$65.00. The other I bought used off of Archery Talk and it came to me set up with a Spot Hog 7 pin sight, I forget the model for sure. Nice sight for sure, but in my opinion not any where near the extra money compared to the True glow. I shot just as consistent groups with either bow no problem, out to 60 yards. I have since sold both bows complete and bought a new Spyder outfitted with a used True Glo micro adjust I picked up off of Ebay. Shooting great out to 60 yards at this point getting ready for a Elk hunt. Tru Glo has great customer service as well. I stripped out some threads on the used sight, and while taking it apart lost a spring and a ball bearing in the micro adjust ratchet system. I called to order parts, they shipped me the parts I needed and extra's to replace the other side at zero cost to me. Again, just my $.02 to save you a little $.

I can hit a pie plate with one shot at 50 yards with an old hr single shot 12 guage and a pumpkin ball slug, same as I can with a fully rifled cantilever barrel on a high end shotgun with a scope.
Its all personal opinion but I feel more comfortable with the reliability and better built spot hogg sight, same as the more advanced gun and optics.

I can hit a pie plate with one shot at 50 yards with an old hr single shot 12 guage and a pumpkin ball slug, same as I can with a fully rifled cantilever barrel on a high end shotgun with a scope.
Its all personal opinion but I feel more comfortable with the reliability and better built spot hogg sight, same as the more advanced gun and optics.

X2.... couldn't have said it better myself!

I love mine. I went thru 4 different sites until buying this. Cheap fiber-optic pins without the steel, wire, reinforcements or whatever - they break easy. Wait til you walk to your stand and realize you broke those stupid pins and site is shot or un-useable. You'll flip out and spend any amount on a good site. Start with a good site now. I really like mine a lot and using 4 other brands 1st, wish I started with the one I have now.

Hey buckfever I have a real deal sight still in the package that I never put on my bow.... It has the .019 pin size make me an offer.

Top Bottom