Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spring Scouting Trip

wildcatcrazy

I hve 4 points and I am planning my first hunting trip to Iowa in 2017!!! Planning to stay in Chariton this spring for a scouting trip. Will be scouting Woodburn, Stephens, and Rathbun. Just need to know when the woods began to green up in those areas. I have kids playing ball through the second week of March. So, I can't make it up til the end of March. Wondering if I'll still beat the green up then, or should I miss a week of games and come up earlier. Thanks in advance!

Probably be snow in the ground still, seems like every year that late march snow hits the area

Another question.......How is AT&T cell coverage in the areas mentioned above. There will be 2 of us hunting with one vehicle and we may be hunting completely different areas. So being able to make contact is very important. Thanks!

Another question.......How is AT&T cell coverage in the areas mentioned above. There will be 2 of us hunting with one vehicle and we may be hunting completely different areas. So being able to make contact is very important. Thanks!

I would say it depends on what part of the state you're hunting, some areas probably have better AT&T service than others. You will most likely get ok cell service but data/internet maybe another story....

I hear u......60's and 70's here for in KY for the next 7 days. I usually can't wait for spring to get here, but I need it to slow down a lil this year!

Top Bottom