Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spring/Summer Plots?

cornfield

I was wandering what you all are planting this spring. Seems like beans did really well this summer and made a very good late season plot as well. Anyone use any of the biologic blends in the summer?

I planted some a couple of years ago, and to be honest with you, the deer just don't seem to use it in my area all that much. Not sure what I'm going to do with it this year......maybe apple trees!!??
CRITR

Spring/Summer- they pound the rye and winter wheat until it gets too big and stemmy- they eat beans from the time they come up until something better comes along. Doing a big clover plot that will be seeded soon and have been thinking about reworking some ground and planting a new stand of alfalfa.

I'm not a big fan of biologic or any of those seeds that you can buy in a bag at sporting shops. I think that they are over priced and that the deer don't like them that well. You can't beat soybeans in the summer. Clover is also good, but buy it from a seed dealer and you will save some money.. If you seed your clover with oats or wheat the deer will also eat it.

I've had the same experience. The expensive stuff never seems to outperform the local ladino, red clover, alfalfa, corn, beans and turnips. It just costs more.
frown.gif

I'll do some checking for ya. We ordered yours from a seed catalog and they sent it in the mail. I will get the information this weekend from my farther. He ordered it last year.

Top Bottom