Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Started setting out cams today

Shredder

Life Member
Hopefully I will have a few pictures buy next week to post. I got my two cameras out, one on a field edge near a food plot and the other near a water source in the middle of the woods, two separate farms in Illinois. Both farms produced great buck sightings last fall and corresponding sheds. I will post pics as they become available. Anyone else out there started up their cameras yet?

I had one out for a week back during turkey season. It wasn't very productive. I put one out last Sat. that I'll probably check tomorrow.

I have been telling myself, get your cams out, get your cams out, but something always distracts me. I had the video unit out a couple weeks ago, but all i got was coons. They are going out tommorrow for sure.

Just put out first cam on Sunday.New location,had to do some trimming of brush and weeds.Might have stirred up area.Good time to get them out now so if you stir things up they have time to come back and settle in.

I'll be checking mine for the first time tonight. It has been out for a week and is set up under a mulberry in a wooded bottom on my place. The deer have been hitting it hard. I can't wait to start seeing some pictures here.
busted.gif

Only 11 shots in 7 days. I hope they are good ones. Moved the camera and we'll see what another week brings. My son t-t-t-turdypointbuck saw a nice buck as we where setting up the camera.
waytogo.gif

Checked mine today and found that I had it in the wrong spot. Still had 14 pics taken though. I moved it to a similar spot about twenty yards away to include the trail I had initially intended to place it on and where I had seen a 170 incher last fall. Another week and I will have results.

I set mine out today, and as I started to leave, I found a nice spread of rasberry bushes, so I spent a few minutes gathering up a good supply of berries. Then as I turned to leave, I saw a fawn standing there watching me. I guess it had been there awhile, because I stood and watched it from about 30 feet away for a couple of minutes. Then, I was able to walk within 15 feet before it took off. I didn't have a regular camera with me at the time, and thought about unhooking the trail camera, and trying to use it. That was a lot of fun watching the fawn.

Top Bottom