Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stealth Camera Question

HUSKERBUCK

PMA Member
I was at WalMart the other day and they had a Stealth Camera on clearance for $55. I have read alot about these both good and bad. I dont have a camera now and was wondering if this is a good buy on this camera even at this price. Anyone have any opinions on the camera or the price?

I have one and might say that it is a good starter camera. You might like it but if you get hooked like I did, you will probably want to upgrade on the next one or wish you did on this one. It thought me that I was hooked on trail cams right from the get go and should have purchased one a long time ago and it also taught me that I now know that I would rather have purchased a digital camera. That is what I plan to do next summer but I will continue to use this one too. Here is what I have learned about the cammera;

1. Good quality pictures.
2. Can set to imprint time or date, not both.
3. Uses 8 AA batteries. They will last at least 2 weeks but I would replace before 3 weeks since 21 days is pushing it. Not sure how they will last in the cold but they still go at least 2 weeks with the weather it has seen so far.
4. It likes to take phantom pictures. If you make sure there are no low hanging branches, tall grass and weeds or other things that will blow around in front of it, you can eliminate most phantoms. That might be true of all trail cams.
5. You cannot shut it off externally. When I go to move the camera, unless the roll is full, about half of the time it will take a picture as I open it to shut it off.

My recommendation; if you are not sure about the trail cam thing, it is a good experimental camera. I'm having a blast experimenting with the one I have. If you think you will get into it like most of the rest of us, save the $$ and get a better camera (digital will be my next one).

I have one and get great pictures. you cant go wrong on the price eather they normaly run around $80 - 90

I bought one in September and I've had great luck with it. Pictures turned out great. Good quality. I'm sure there are better out there but for a starter camera I can't complain. Especially on the price!
grin.gif

Look at my two posts on this page... All the pics were taken with the Stealth cam.

i have had good luck with mine. I know there are better ones but what the heck it's cheap and it works. I have several 180 class bucks on film and many 100-120 class. Hope to get a shot at the big ones.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Top Bottom