Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stevens archery

EatSleepHunt

Has anyone had any experience with Stevens bows. I am looking at the Prevailer or inception. All the
reviews I have been great. Fast, quiet and forgiving. Smooth draw solid back wall,and adjustable.
Looking for some opinions.
Thanks

I had written on a previous thread about them, they may be a good bow but the customer service sucks, their warranty isn't worth the paper it's printed on, I would stick with a more mainstream brand that you can actually talk to somebody that works for the company not some guy that try's to help out, I have personally talked to dealers that agreed to carry his bows but then dropped them because of the way he does business, it definitely convinced me to stick with a major company.

I was going to pro staff for them as well this yr. I also wasn't a huge fan if how they do business. . There bows are nice, but not nice enough for me to give up my bowtech!!!

I called around after I ordered a bow(should've called before I ordered it) because I could never get hold of anyone with stevens, I'm pretty sure scheels dropped them and a dealer in Texas I talked to, can't remember name off hand, been a couple months

Just want to clarify a few things about the Inception sent to Nemohunter as the man has no integrity and is lying about the bow and about what happened.

#1 NemoHunters Bow was shipped with heavy bubble wrapped at each end completely surrounding the cam and in a plastic bag inside a heavy duty cardboard box. It was in perfect working condition when it was shipped to him.

#2. Nemohunter called our Pro Staff member Tim Hopkins to ask if he could install the peep without a bow press by pushing the bow down on the ground and having someone else force the peep in (shows his utter lack of knowledge on how to handle a bow) At no time during that call did he say the bow arrived damaged. Had it been damaged in shipping it would have been an insurance claim with UPS not a "warranty issue"!

#3 Nemohunter dryfired the bow after he derailed it. Every bow manufacturer states bows should not be drawn without a release as you can torque the string and derail it. Strings don't just come off the bow.

#4 I spoke to Nemohunter on the phone and he said and I quote "the bow is shooting fine I just want a new draw stop because I bent the bottom one and I want it to look nice."

#5 I asked Nemohunter to take pictures of the Cam because I wanted to make sure he didn't damage it.

#6 Nemohunter had also modified the bow and used an aftermarket cable slide designed for a solo cam bow on it. Fortunately for us he forgot to take it off when he returned the bow. The cable slide he used
had the incorrect cable depth for the cable relief rod which has caused this bow to not have the proper relief on the cables as the bow is being drawn.

The draw stop on top cam only had been removed and reinstalled on the opposite side of designated stop area which interfered which the draw cycle as the slave cable will come in contact with the draw stop causing serve damage to the bow

#8 I have attached pictures of the Cam to my gallery and you can see how he bent the Cam. If you've ever seen a Dry Fired bow you know what you're looking at.

#9 Our bows are built by hand by 2 IBO World Champions. Wes VanHorn test each bow before it leaves the shop. The bottom line is we'd never send out a bow with such severe damaged cams and Nemohunter lacks the integrity and character to admit he damaged the bow.

#10 Scheels never dropped us that's just another lie. We chose Cabelas for 2014 over Scheels and the dealer in Texas is no longer a dealer or carrying any other bow.

Last edited:
Just want to clarify a few things about the Inception sent to Nemohunter as the man has no integrity and is lying about the bow and about what happened.

#1 NemoHunters Bow was shipped with heavy bubble wrapped at each end completely surrounding the cam and in a plastic bag inside a heavy duty cardboard box. It was in perfect working condition when it was shipped to him.

#2. Nemohunter called our Pro Staff member Tim Hopkins to ask if he could install the peep without a bow press by pushing the bow down on the ground and having someone else force the peep in (shows his utter lack of knowledge on how to handle a bow) At no time during that call did he say the bow arrived damaged. Had it been damaged in shipping it would have been an insurance claim with UPS not a "warranty issue"!

#3 Nemohunter dryfired the bow after he derailed it. Every bow manufacturer states bows should not be drawn without a release as you can torque the string and derail it. Strings don't just come off the bow.

#4 I spoke to Nemohunter on the phone and he said and I quote "the bow is shooting fine I just want a new draw stop because I bent the bottom one and I want it to look nice."

#5 I asked Nemohunter to take pictures of the Cam because I wanted to make sure he didn't damage it.

#6 Nemohunter had also modified the bow and used an aftermarket cable slide designed for a solo cam bow on it. Fortunately for us he forgot to take it off when he returned the bow. The cable slide he used
had the incorrect cable depth for the cable relief rod which has caused this bow to not have the proper relief on the cables as the bow is being drawn.

The draw stop on top cam only had been removed and reinstalled on the opposite side of designated stop area which interfered which the draw cycle as the slave cable will come in contact with the draw stop causing serve damage to the bow

#8 I have attached pictures of the Cam to my gallery and you can see how he bent the Cam. If you've ever seen a Dry Fired bow you know what you're looking at.

#9 Our bows are built by hand by 2 IBO World Champions. Wes VanHorn test each bow before it leaves the shop. The bottom line is we'd never send out a bow with such severe damaged cams and Nemohunter lacks the integrity and character to admit he damaged the bow.

#10 Scheels never dropped us that's just another lie. We chose Cabelas for 2014 over Scheels and the dealer in Texas is no longer a dealer or carrying any other bow.

I'd like to hear Nemo's rebuttal to this.........

Are they already in Cabelas then? Ive never even heard of these bows, and the archery department I called said they weren't carrying anything of that name...

How did the cam bend exactly, your the liar, I never asked if "I could push down on the ground to install a peep" I asked if I could use a string splitter because the nearest archery shop is 30 miles away, that bow never touched the ground, I had just got it out of the box, put a rest and sight on it and thought I'll pull it back before I go to the archery shop, got about 4" off brace height and it came off, if I hadn't pulled it back the guy at the archery shop would've had it happen to him, guaranteed. I had to have a different cable slide installed cause I couldn't find the other one, furthermore the bow was NOT packed with anything, when I returned the bow I packed it with packing, and yes, the dealer I talked to is still dealing bows, just not yours, everybody I HAVE shown the pics of the cam too says that's why the string came off as well, I don't care who built it, or what there resume is that cam was bent, you can see the impact marks and it's only bent at the very bottom, I still have the pics too. I also called the guy back at the archery shop and told him that you said it derailed because I used my hand, he said, no way, he also had said if this was any kind of company they'd stand behind it. I was just going to keep the bow til I saw why it derailed later that night, and then you saying, without even seeing the bow in person, that it wasn't warranty is what really got me, funny how I emailed and tried calling you so many times I never heard back for days or not at all but when someone says something negative on here your so quick to respond, I may be a lot of things but a liar is not one of them.

Also, like I told Tim Hopkins the first time I called I wasn't even home yet, hadn't even seen the bow when I called him

And also, in my Hoyt bow owners manual it just says your nocking point will be different if you use fingers, that's a hoyt 2012 compound bow owners manual, so no, not every manufacturer. Bought a Hoyt to replace that thing you sent me.

Oh yeah, you wrote so much BS it was hard to go thru it all, it was never derailed and then dry fired, another lie, it derailed due to the bent cam and that was it

I just bought a new Bowtech a few months ago so I'm no longer in the market for a new bow.
However, I would like to say as an observer of all of this, there is no way I would even consider a Stevens bow if I were still looking. Why? Because someone got on an internet forum and spoke ill of a customer. Regardless of what the facts actually are, that is unprofessional.
Customer service is HUGE in my book. I'm not saying that you shouldn't offer up your side of the story but keep in mind people look at how you handle these situations. There's no way I'd want to deal with a company that handled my complaints like this.
Good luck going forward though.

IABWHNTR
Well said. I am still thinking about a new bow. I was also looking at
a bowtech experience. What bowtech did you get and how do you like it?

I got the assassin and I love it! I looked at the Hoyt Charger, Diamond Outlaw, PSE (I forget which ones) and whatever BP carries that is made by Diamond. I picked the assassin because it fit my hand better and I thought it was the most quiet. And it seemed a little faster than the charger I shot at Scheels.
I would recommend it. I got mine at Buck Hollow. He was MUCH cheaper than the archery pro shop near where I live.

Top Bottom