Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

stihl carbide chain

Rich77

Ive read mixed reviews on these and was wondering if anyone on here has actually used one for any lenght of time. Looks like a good idea on paper but they are pretty pricey

Ive read mixed reviews on these and was wondering if anyone on here has actually used one for any lenght of time. Looks like a good idea on paper but they are pretty pricey

Just my opinion, but not worth it considering it takes less than 5 minutes to sharpen a chain.

I have used them for a long time. I cut hedge posts and hedge trees only with mine and they are really hard on chains and they still last a long time. I've had mine on over a year with out sharpening and I use my saws a ton. Can run them in the dirt or hit wire and it doesn't fill them. Rocks are what's hard on them. My current chain is missing 6 or 7 carbide tips and it still cuts decent. Well worth it In my opinion

I have used them for a long time. I cut hedge posts and hedge trees only with mine and they are really hard on chains and they still last a long time. I've had mine on over a year with out sharpening and I use my saws a ton. Can run them in the dirt or hit wire and it doesn't fill them. Rocks are what's hard on them. My current chain is missing 6 or 7 carbide tips and it still cuts decent. Well worth it In my opinion

Thanks man. I think im going to grab one for cutting hedge and other wood thats been laying on the ground where rivers and creeks flood. Dirty wood takes a toll on chains and i hate stopping to file a chain on dirty wood

No problem. Make sure you get stihl brand. Friend of mine got a cheap one on the Internet and it was junk. I bet I've ran 30 gallons of gas through mine in the past year cutting hedge posts and it's still cuttin. Nice not to have to worry bout your chain gettin dull.

I cut over 15 cords of bulldozed locust last winter that was next to a small feeder creek that had flooded a few times and i was switching chains all day and then sticking the 25" bar on at night and burning through 3-4 chains the next day then back to the file all week... nothing worse than dirty wood. I think ill grab a few carbides this week and put them to the test. Do they make them in the yellow label or "non safety" chain?

Top Bottom