Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Storing your bow

NWBuck

PMA Member
Here's a good off-season question. Where does everyone store your bow? Last fall I had a 4 year old Browning bow that had a limb blow out on me. I keep my bow in an enclosed porch that is neither heated or air conditioned, so the bow does endure some temperature extremes. I didn't expect this would make a difference because the bow has to perform in these conditions while hunting, but the Browning rep indicated that keeping a bow in extreme temperatures could have contributed to the failure. What does everyone else do? Should I be bringing the new bow (not a Browning) into the house? Thanks.

NWBuck

I had my bow in the trunk, but then it started to actually get cold. I have mine stored between the couch and the wall. I figure that's as safe as place as any until I get kids or a puppy.

That and if someone breaks in I can take 'em out medievil style.

Seriously though I think that a bow in storage should be in the temperature range of 50-75 degreez or so. I know that most bows operate fine under freezing conditions but storing them in that would be bad. If any of you guys feel as if your bow like another child then you know where I'm coming from. As sick as it is I'll hold my bow while I watch hunting movies and sometimes talk to it. "Being the ball" so to speak, of course if my wife catches me doing this then you guys can expect my next post to come from the Iowa City rubber room.
smile.gif

I keep my bows in the basement all year long.I shoot them all year long ,3-Ds,practice in the yard,ect. I try not to leave them in the extreme heat of a vehicle to long in the summer though,I did read where this may be hard on fastflite string's and cables.

Shoot em don't store em
smile.gif

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?????? WHAT THIS THING YOU CALL AN OFF SEASON???????
shocked.gif
confused.gif

Hey muddy, how did you put that picture by your member No?

hey mnbuck do you know any Knutsons up there. I used to be in the service with a guy from wilmar.

I know that storing a firearm in a case is highly discouraged due to the potential for condensation and lack of air circulation. Would this apply to bows as well? I thought about getting an SKB Dry-Tech soft case for bow storage. If it's anything like my SKB Dry Tech shotgun case, it has the silica gel packs woven into the panels of the case which is padded quite nicely.

Top Bottom