Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Strange Catch

nacho2770

Has anyone ever caught a fish in a lake they weren't supposed to be in?

I caught this nice Walleye in my hometown lake. Our Game and Fish has never stocked Walleyes in the lake. I was more then surprised when I caught it, especially since I caught it on a 5 of diamonds spoon.

S50009581.jpg

S50009591.jpg

I didnt get to catch this fish, but saw her very often.

Big musky, darn near a 50 incher!!

Stuck below a certian Spillway....

p-i-g!!!

DSCN0787_2_.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a 20 inch crappie next to har also /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif</div></div>

Id say that fish beside that is a bass, no crappie, but what do i know.......

it was a buffalo.....

tons of those things as well.....
easy pickin with a bow....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummmmm you live in the dakota's....... Walleyes grow from the ground there. </div></div>

LOL /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

There are a lot of Walleyes up here, but this lake is Pike and Perch only and always has been.

I talked to our Game and Fish about it and they said they were illegally stocked in there by an individual.

The GNF said they have never stocked Walleyes in this lake.

So it was weird to pull out a 27 incher for sure.

my brother pulled a small walleye out of an old gravel pit, that is in private ownership now. it gets fished ALOT, and no one has ever caught one before.

my dad claimed to have caught a walleye out of a little farm pond, that doesn't get fished much. he wasn't sure what it was, but it had "sharp f@&^^#n' teeth"

gonna give that pond the business this summer, see if i can get lucky

A lot of "bucket biologists" out there putting fish where they want them. No doubt that walleye was clandestinly stocked by someone.

Top Bottom