Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SUCCESS!

I've used the same tactic you described and made it a lot more versatile by buying a lone wolf hang on stand and lone wolf sticks. It used to be I would sneak into an area and have to find a straight tree to put my climber up, which sometimes would not be in the ideal location. Now I can hunt out of just about any tree.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, the excitement has yet to wear off.

Goes to show that you never know what may walk by in Iowa during the rut!

Mountain Man - I didn't get any big ones on film this year, but still trying.

ISHEDHUNT - I haven't measured his neck yet but I will let you know. How's your hunting going?

G6/Saskguy - I had him rough scored by three different people. We all under guessed him but he grossed 158+. I think because he has such a huge head and neck it appears the rack is smaller than it actually is.

He has 25 1/2' main beams, 71/2+ inch brows, 11" & 12" G2's, 8" & 9" inch G3's, 18 7/8 spread and good mass.

Shooter - Haven't weighed him and I'm not sure if I will. I would have to say he weighs around 210+. I will let you know if I do weigh him though.

Buckhunter - I didn't cut a single shooting lane, in fact he walked in one of the only lanes I did have, luckily.

Greendeem - I too used a Lone Wolf tree stand and climbing sticks . . . they are absolutely the best!

I hope you each shoot a monster this year.

Thanks and good huntin,

Right on OneCam, that's dandy buck, I hope I'm lucky enough to get one like that. It makes sense I guessed low on the gross, he does have a big head and neck, anyways great job!

Wow, I didn't know that 8 pointers grew that big. Congrats!!

Congratulations Onecam! What a monster! I love the huge body. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

My only other comment is, I think I'd be smiling if I shot a buck that big
smile.gif

Old Buck

Onecam wrote
G6/Saskguy - I had him rough scored by three different people. We all under guessed him but he grossed 158+. I think because he has such a huge head and neck it appears the rack is smaller than it actually is.

He has 25 1/2' main beams, 71/2+ inch brows, 11" & 12" G2's, 8" & 9" inch G3's, 18 7/8 spread and good mass.

Jeezzz now I see where I messed up on the score. I figured the beams at 24, 7 on the long brow, 11 on the long G2, 8 on the G3 but only wrote down 12 inches for the 2 (duh) and 4 inches average for the mass. I usually figure a buck low which doesn't hurt my feelings when I go measuring them after they're down.
grin.gif

G6

Good one Old Buck. Send us a picture with a smile onecam. Sweet buck! Mine is still waiting for me to bring him home
smile.gif

CONGRATS on a great buck sounds like the perfect hunt came together for you .
cool.gif
very nice buck

he is definatelly a monster congradulations on a great hunt.

What a tremendous 8-pointer. We'd call him a 4x4 where I come from but I learn the eastern lingo from my hunters!

It takes a great 4x4 to score well, but I think this will be one of those deer that is the exception to the rule. But then again a net score on a deer like this never really tells the tale. LOOK AT THE NECK ON THAT BUCK!

Congrats on making good on your opportunity. Rattling works!

OneCam,

Awesome Buck!!! I also use Lone Wolf products. Simply the best!!!

Again Congrats and keep smiling. You deserve it!!!

Great mature deer,congrats one cam. I am still dreaming of the day for my chance at a deer like that.Maybe this year!
Good Hunting,Mottspur.

Top Bottom