Switchgrass

Discussion in 'Dbltree's corner' started by dbltree, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Blaine

Blaine New Member

I took a quick pic before I started spraying yesterday. I'l definitely post up some pics if I can figure out how to do it. I just looked at my "Farm Logs" app. From the time I frost seeded in March, we had a total of .45" of rain for the next 35 days. I sprayed with gly on May 10th, but I just think that it was so stinkin dry that nothing was up yet. I actually planted a couple small areas into switch on June 15th that came up like gangbusters! I'll try to get a pic of those areas also.

If the Quinclorac works, should I still mow or let it go?

2. AdBot Guest Advertisement

3. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

Get tapatalk app. Type in Iowawhitetail. Pics super easy!!!! Attach from phone as medium size. So Simple even I could do it!! ;)
    If it’s dead- leave it. If some or any is alive - I’d mow only if it crowds canopy.

4. Blaine

Blaine New Member

The quinclorac appears to have worked really well. After 2 or 3 days the foxtail was turning brown and beginning to droop. These pics are of the day that I sprayed and 6 days later. It seemed like after the first few days, the switch just shot out the top of the wilting foxtail. It's not a great stand of switch, but looks a lot better than it did 1 week ago. I feel like if I had hit the foxtail around early to mid July, I would have had a better stand of switch. In case anyone is interested, we applied about 1 gallon of Drive 75 pere acre with crop oil added. Edit. Pics are pretty bad i guess. The brown areas are the foxtail.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018 at 8:59 PM
    Sligh1 and arm like this.
  5. Sligh1

Sligh1 Administrator Staff Member

Wow! That’s actually really good!!! Next year you will have some really nice switch. Well done & u should be very impressed later on. That quinclorac DID accomplish goals there on one pic I saw. Well done- that’s a SUCCESS!

6. Blaine

Blaine New Member

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that the switch feeds on quinclorac. It's really exploding.