Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

T/C Triumph or CVA Accura V2?

Have any of you had experience with both of these guns and have a preference, or have you had any bad experiences with either? Going to buy new muzzy and am torn between the two. I like the barrel of the V2, but it is 27in v.s. 28in of the triumph. The price is also a big difference, so is the Triumph worth the extra change?

I have shot both guns. The triumph I didn't shoot many times, but I have done alot of shooting with the V2. To me I liked the feel of the V2 better. It just shouldered better and felt better when shooting it. It just seemed like an overall more balance gun. The V2 is a tack driver as well and is possibly my new favorite gun to shoot. It is a breeze to clean and the breech plug always comes out with just the twist of the wrist.

I have never shot the triumph but I can say the Accura V2 is the best muzz I have ever shot. Absolutely love the trigger, the feel, the breech plug, no blow black at all and it is a breeze to clean. Plus it has a bergara barrel. Shoots amazing as well.

Here is a 3 shot group at 200 yards using 120 grains BH209, 250 grain Barnes TMZ and Winchester W209 primer. I had a less than steller rest and would love to put this gun in a lead sled to see what it will do!! Sight it in 3 inches high at 100, it will be dead on at 150 and 3 inches low at 200.

982-cva_group.jpg

My father has a triumph, sold his cva to buy it.

So far he likes it. Easy to clean and super easy breach removal.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I haven't shot either, but from all the research I've done, I am finding people REALLY like their V2's. They supposedly are amazingly accurate, the bergara barrels are supposed to be very well made. I'm not in the market for a new muzzy right now, but if I was, I think I'd give the V2 a shot.

If you want a break action inline that's up to you. I would personally go for the Omega z5 around the same price if not cheaper. The z5 will be more accurate in the long run over any break action inline. If your wondering why look up break action guns & susceptibility of point of impact change or poi change it's inherent in the design. I would definitely go with a Thompson Center in the end for many reasons. They have been in business longer. The omega platform has stood the test of time. It's made in the usa with us materials & assembled in the usa. The cva on the other hand are outsourced from who knows. Look under company on cva site. Quote manufactured on-site or sourced from other manufacturers. the bergara factory is in bergara ,Spain. I can tell you right now the steel used is not up to par with our steel here in the usa. Thompson Center also makes a break action inline a few of em but you know why I don't own or want that type Cheers :drink2: If the Omega interest you have a look at this its on this site with loads of information http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43421

Last edited:
Top Bottom