Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

T/C Triumph

showstopper

PMA Member
Just wanted some input on the Thompson Center Triumph Muzzleloader. What are your opinions? Is it worth the money? Is the camo version worth $50 more than black? Would you get the Nikon BDC scope if you wanted to put a scope on it?

The boss gave me permission to get this and I want to see if I need the extras or not. I would get the camo with weathershield and camo Nikon BDC if it is worth the extra $50 for the camo gun, but if it really doesn't matter then I will just get the black with a silver scope. Thanks in advance for the opinions!!!!

The Showstopper!!!

Id save your money on the BDC scope too many variables have to be perfect to make that thing entirely accurate, go with the Pro Staff or something similar.

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I purchased one last year and love it. It was also my first muzzleloader, so not a lot to compare it too. I also purchased the Nikon BDC scope. Really like it. Very easy to get sighted in.

Have you found it to be true on the longer yardages? How much powder are you using, 150 grains?

Thanks for the opinions so far!

I think the BDC scope is JUNK... Have had alot of friends buy them and hate them with a passion.. If I were you and you wanted to do REAL distance shooting with a muzz...go drop the money and get a true Tactical scope...100-500yrd wind and drop comp.. They are alot of money but with practice you will b clicking to the 350 mark and dump'n deer with NOOOO problem!

Or just call Beyond Belief and talk to those guys...They can give you amazing info.

I've shot the Triumph side by side with the Encore and Pro hunter. The only thing I'd change about the Triumph is lighten the trigger pull. Maybe you can and I don't know how but it seemed heavier than the Encores. Great gun and the speed breech XT will spoil ya!

As for the Omega with BDC. Dad has it and nice scope but the dots for the further distances seemed too large. Once out to 150+ on the range they were covering a lot of the paper. Nikon makes other good rifle scopes, I'd personally get one with normal cross hairs and 3x9 or maybe 4x12. Just practice and know your drop, how your gun performs, and where to hold! Good luck

Top Bottom