Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tag your bucks!

Every CO is different. ..you want the real law..read the iow code books...if ya want to test them, know your literature well....There should be no Gray area in the outdoors....but that's how they jack us for more money.

I'm with you 100 percent on this one. There should be no gray area but it's amazing how the interpretation of the law can change when you travel as little as a couple miles and cross a county line. Had this happen when I was taking a guy who was new to the area hunting. We rode to the hunting spot together from Cedar Falls. We were early muzzleloader hunting. I shot a buck and still had a doe tag and we wanted to hunt all day. It was warm and I wanted to get my deer processed so I arranged my brother to pick up my deer. The CO from the county gave me the okay but a CO from a different county put my brother through the ringer about using someone else's tag to shoot a deer.

I'm with you 100 percent on this one. There should be no gray area but it's amazing how the interpretation of the law can change when you travel as little as a couple miles and cross a county line. Had this happen when I was taking a guy who was new to the area hunting. We rode to the hunting spot together from Cedar Falls. We were early muzzleloader hunting. I shot a buck and still had a doe tag and we wanted to hunt all day. It was warm and I wanted to get my deer processed so I arranged my brother to pick up my deer. The CO from the county gave me the okay but a CO from a different county put my brother through the ringer about using someone else's tag to shoot a deer.

The no gray area idea is tuff though- everyone stating the law is the law would be pretty pissed when paying their speeding tickets for 1 to 3 mph over the speed limit All the time - but speeding is speeding - or get a ticket every time you didn't use the crosswalks. - I think there has to be more to the story than stated

The no gray area idea is tuff though- everyone stating the law is the law would be pretty pissed when paying their speeding tickets for 1 to 3 mph over the speed limit All the time - but speeding is speeding - or get a ticket every time you didn't use the crosswalks. - I think there has to be more to the story than stated

When I set my cruise at over the allow speed limit I am knowingly breaking the law and accept any penalty that is associated with it. When I lift up my deers head to admire it and pose for a couple pictures I don't believe I am breaking the law because I don't think I have transported anything yet.

Missouri has it right. You don't have to have a tag on the deer as long as your tag is notched. So, don't forget your pocket knife or gutting knife while hunting mo!

Which is dumb, I can print off 10 copies and tag, notch all I want then pitch if I need to. Just makes for extra cut thumbs is all :D

Law breakers will always find a way to break the law, notching a tag is not going to fix anything. I just printed off my one copy today of my tags. I save it in case I lose those to print off another copy.

Top Bottom