Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tagged out opening moring!

Blaster

PMA Member
It was real cold opening morning! We had 13 degrees when we pulled into the farm. About 30 min after sunrise we had 2 jakes come right in to our spread. I told Drew my youngest boy he had first shot and he could wait for a tom if he wanted. He said Dad i'll shoot that Jake. So I gave him the green light and down he went! About 30 min later the action really picked up. We had 30 birds come in to the setup. 8 toms were in the group. Some times too many can be a problem. 5 toms ran right into the pretty boy and started kicking the crap out of him. I told Lane not to shot one of those because they were too close. Like 10 feet. But he didn't hear me and BOOM! He missed. They ran out to 50 yards and BOOM! He missed again! So now there are only 3 toms left in the field so I got aggressive on the mouth call and got the 3 to come in to 50 yard. But now they were real nervous and I could tell they were going to walk off so I gave Lane the green light to try the long shot. BOOM and this one dropped! First time we have doubled on the first Morning. My dad was with us and I told him next year we are going to have to split up. Boy's are too big now to fit 4 of us in a blind!
full

Wow. They are never going to forget that morning!! 3rd shot is the charm! Well done!

I witnessed to many birds being a problem this weekend as well. I have your same blind, some great hunts had out of that thing. What gun/ shot shell did Lane pull off the 50 yarder with? That's a poke, congrats!

Congrats to both boys. And congrats to you for putting them on some birds. Great memories there.

I witnessed to many birds being a problem this weekend as well. I have your same blind, some great hunts had out of that thing. What gun/ shot shell did Lane pull off the 50 yarder with? That's a poke, congrats!
Mossberg 510 mini 20 gage shooting 2 3/4 pheasant load.

How cool is that??!! 3 generations teaming up to lay the smack down on a couple of thunder chickens...congrats to you all!!

NWBuck

Top Bottom