Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tagged Out

Buckdown89

Opening day of turkey season I set up in the same location I did Wednesday morning but had two toms come into gun range and had no shot with my bow. So Monday I decided to go find the two stubborn toms again and they were still roosting in the same spot. I glasses them from the road two mornings in a row and they were very aggressive towards a pair of jakes both mornings while taking the same path each day. Weds. Morning I had an opportunity to hunt them and took full advantage of it. Only downfall was that it was going to take a blind to kill them and a little walking. I got setup plenty early and heard them gobbling from the roost. They flew down and worked up the hill in my direction. I was thinking I wasn't going to have to do any calling. But just my luck they turned around and headed for the timber. I called every ten minutes or so and they would hammer back. Seemed like forever but they finally committed to the dekes and I let the 12 gauge eat! Wasn't a huge bird weighing 18.8 pounds with a ten inch beard and Spurs were 1 inch and the other was an inch and an eighth!

Opening day of turkey season I set up in the same location I did Wednesday morning but had two toms come into gun range and had no shot with my bow. So Monday I decided to go find the two stubborn toms again and they were still roosting in the same spot. I glasses them from the road two mornings in a row and they were very aggressive towards a pair of jakes both mornings while taking the same path each day. Weds. Morning I had an opportunity to hunt them and took full advantage of it. Only downfall was that it was going to take a blind to kill them and a little walking. I got setup plenty early and heard them gobbling from the roost. They flew down and worked up the hill in my direction. I was thinking I wasn't going to have to do any calling. But just my luck they turned around and headed for the timber. I called every ten minutes or so and they would hammer back. Seemed like forever but they finally committed to the dekes and I let the 12 gauge eat! Wasn't a huge bird weighing 18.8 pounds with a ten inch beard and Spurs were 1 inch and the other was an inch and an eighth!
pic in my albums

Top Bottom