Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tagged out

deerhunter93

Worked overnight Friday night, slept an hour Saturday morning, have a newborn at home so off and on sleep Saturday night until 3:15am Sunday morning to get up and turkey hunt... Sounds like a great idea right? Well, we got it done.

Last week I called the landowner to hunt a farm I have only turkey hunted a handful of times during the past 10 years that I've had permission and he gave the green light. OOBoneCollector and I met up Sunday morning and headed south for a short hunt (had to be back for 11:30am church).

Since the only hunts that I've had down there have been afternoon hunts in the last 5 years we looked at the map and decided we would get close to the big timber in a secluded field. They gobbled decent on the roost but nothing within 400 yards it seemed. A little after 6am we got aggressive and went after them. We got up in the timber and were able to get one to sound off south of us near the property line. As we were moving through the open timber towards that bird I saw a strutter in the field south of the property probably 300 yards away. We figured out a game plan and I grabbed the fan and made my way towards the two toms and three jakes that were in the neighbors hay field. I got within about 50 yards of the fence and had one tom gobbling his head off but they weren't moving. After a little bit I figured I wasn't in their bubble so I started easing closer behind the fan. I got to 30 yards from the fence and their heads changed from white to red and the two toms started walking my way.

As soon as they got under the fence they started to move left so I let him have it... well, not enough. Another shot and foot chase sealed the deal on a runt of a 2 year old but it sure was fun! Thanks Brooks for tagging along and taking some great photos!

17lbs 8oz
9 1/4 inch beard
15/16 inch spurs
NWTF score = 54.75
5fd30c8c55ec6ff84705d214b87c325c.jpg
610745901cef8a485e51b83d8f240a2d.jpg
629eaef0d6847d2b5c115b3754356435.jpg

Did he tell you about the time I chased down his first turkey? Still have the leafy suit with extra rips from those spurs. Can't wait to hear all the details on this one. Just heard a "foot chase" was involved.

Last edited:
Did he tell you about the time I chased down his first turkey? Still have the leafy suit with extra rips from those spurs. Can't wait to hear all the details on this one. Just heard a "foot chase" was involved.

All I got was "This isn't the first one we have chased down." haha. I have had a foot chase or two in my life as well!

Top Bottom