Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Take a Kid Hunting - Help

boonerz

Hey Guys

Last year I had the opportunity to take a kid on his first hunt. 12 years old and first night out shot his first buck. Was an incredible experience. That experience sparked an interest I've always had to introduce kids to hunting, especially ones that have the desire but might not have the means or opportunity to do it. I have a nice tower blind that overlooks a food plot that gets hammered by deer nightly. Its almost a guarantee shot at something each night. What I'd like to do is each year take one new kid that wants to hunt that doesn't have the means or possibly someone that might have an unfortunate illness and shooting a deer is something they want to do to satisfy a dream. I'd love to do more than that but don't have a ton of land, just enough to take a few off a year. I know this sort of idea has started to take off elsewhere but I'm struggling to find a place to even start to identify someone that meets this criteria. Does anyone have any pointers or ideas for me? Feel free to post here or send me a PM. This isn't something I'm wanting any sort of recognition on or anything, simply giving someone the opportunity to fill a dream they might not have otherwise and give back to the sport that gives me so much joy. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

BOONERZ I have had young hunters down to my place over the last 4 or 5 years. So far it has been sons and daughters of friends and relatives but I also would like to offer a chance for those who would like to try hunting but do not have the opportunity. I have 160 acres and 6 box blinds set up. also have a couple blinds for disabled hunters. My place would be available for small game, deer and turkey hunting.
As sportsmen I think we are making a huge mistake not getting our young men and women into the sport of hunting. Right now we are in the minority and need to increase our numbers if we want to continue to have a say as to what happens to Iowa's wildlife.
I challenge every hunter on this site to get one or two new youth into our sport. If you need a place to take them a time or two pm me.

That's a great gesture you guys, class acts. I would be willing too, if anyone knows a kid or adult that would like a chance at a turkey this spring pm me. That includes anyone of you that hunts public ground and wants a shot at hunting some private ground let me know.

Top Bottom