Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tama County Land For Sale

corygnc

There's 500+ acres along the Iowa River by Tama, Iowa that I am looking at.

Has anyone ever hunted the Iowa River by Tama and if so how is the habitat?

Are there plenty of deer, I've heard the piece is mostly all maples, not many oaks, etc?

I live 3 hours from there and is anyone interested in hunting the farm with me and helping me with food plots, property oversight, etc.?

If have any thoughts reply or call me at 402-880-4779 or email me at cjwiedel@ndsnutrition.com

Thanks Everyone!
Cory

I grew up along the iowa river and the river corridor has plenty of deer. I'm about 45-50 min east of tama and would be willing to help you out and wouldn't mind the travel. If you're only looking for people in the immediate area that's all right but thought I would offer b/c I'm really interested in QDM. If you want you can reach me at 319-530-9074 or email me at jason.bream@principal.com.

I know a couple folks who own river bottom land in Tama and I hunt in that area. It will flood pretty good and depending on how close the land is to the Mesquaki reservation, you might have people coming and going as they please on your land. This has been a problem for many years in that area. It's amazing how many high power rifle shots I hear in November.

With that said, it is full of deer and many big bucks. Every year at least 3 Booners get taken out of my area and I have found some really impressive sheds. Lots of coyotes and turkeys too.

I hunt the river bottom in Tama County quite often.

The cover along the bottoms can be real dense. The timber's are mostly soft maple, locust, and ash. There are pockets of oak and good hardwood timber but they don't seem common.
Overall I think it's a great area to hunt. Especially if there is abutting crop land.

Top Bottom