Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Team 12

Which team name is the best?

• Team Window Lickers

• Team Tinfoil

• Team Tinfoil

• Team Tinfoil

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fishbonker

Life Member
Team 12 rules, the rest of you droolers, well, drool.

Being the only member of the team looks like I'll have to come up with a suitable name on my own.

I'm thinking "Team Tinfoil ".

Damn. I tried to copy and paste a story from Iowa Bowhunter that would explain my suggestion for the team name. I found out that posts are limited to 10,000 characters. The story is 2500 words so whoopsie, the copy and paste won't post.

In a nutshell it was my theory that deer antlers are actually receptors much like radio antennas that can receive our innate brain waves. The bigger the rack the more sensitive the buck is. My plan was to put tinfoil on the bucks' rack so he couldn't receive our brain waves. I ended up with a tinfoil hat to block the brain waves from being broadcast.

This was way ahead of the curve. Now I see they make some kind of suit that is supposed to do the same thing. I'll just keep wearing my tinfoil hat and perhaps add a man sized faraday cage to the very long list of crap I haul out to my stand. I knew I should have patented my idea.

If anybody else is unlucky enough to be "randomly selected" to team 12 feel free to offer up a name.

I need to fire up Team Tinfoil. I think I'll just look in the mirror and do some self affirmation. "I deserve good things, I'm entitled to my share, I refuse to beat myself up, I'm an attractive person, I'm fun to be with, I'm good enough I'm smart enough and dog gone it, people like me.

I am no longer alone on Team Tinfoil. Sorry nogutsnostory, you're in for a long season. Now go out there and get us on the board!

I see two other hunters have signed up for the contest. Team Tinfoil isn't going to count their members until their eggs have hatched or the random number generator randomly assigns them to Team Tinfoil. I need a ruling from the Commissioner............

From alone to three others to pull down to my level. I see an 80 incher in my future!

Thursday the 2nd will be my first real hunt of the year. Went out on opening day just to say I did and keep the tradition going. Still tons of corn in the fields where I go but hopefully the bucks will be running wild. No particular reason for Thursday, no big weather change forecast, it was just a goal to be ready by Thursday. And yes, I'll be wearing a tinfoil hat. I'll take pics from the stand and post sometime next week unless I can figure out the phone post thing and do them real time.

Remember, I'm counting on you guys to bring us to glory, I'll just make you sorry.

Well, I'm assuming I will be added to the tinfoil clad clan.

First bow hunt of the year was last Thursday, I sat from 2 pm until legal shooting time ended. Lowering my bow, the string on the Allen retractable spool broke about half way down. I tore down the LW, picked up the bow and headed home. I inspected the bow, no visible sign of damage. Went out Friday morning and shot the block target a dozen times, appears no damage was done.

I hunted another area Friday night, as I was watching a 2.5 year old 8 point getting ready to cross the creek headed away from me, I got the feeling I was being watched. I turned around to see this buck less than 10 yards from the base of my tree, then he looks up at me. Busted! The wind was blowing hard enough I didn't hear him come in. Sometime after this pic was taken and when I saw him the next evening, he broke off another tine (G2?) on his left side, as he was only a forkie standing under my tree. I didn't see brows, either. Huge body though, probably why his rack is all busted up.
GNdzgmwl.jpg

I hunted Saturday morning and saw the 2.5 yr old 8 again. Sunday night, different location, I had a 4 inch spike buck right under my tree. So far, I haven't seen anything I care to wrap a tag around.

Come on team can't get points by sitting on the couch or working!! Had a nice 3.5 year old ten come to the grunt tube this morning he was cruising. Nice encounter.

Saw a giant tonight just after shooting light he was a bit to far away anyways. Going to try for him again tomorrow and this weekend should be good. I’m assuming I’m a team tinfoil member as well so good luck to all my team mates and let’s win this thing lol

Too late to back out now. The Commissioner has done did assigned you, randomly I might add, to team Tinfoil AKA The Winning Team.

Go to the 2017-18 Team Deer Contest (Score Thread). Teams are on the first page.

I sure hope your abilities can back up my hubris. If not, I'm going to eat a lot of crow.

A new day has dawned and Team Tinfoil is giving all the other teams a chance before we start putting down the giants.

The team is waiting on the Commissioner to spin his wheel of randomness to see if the last sucker, err, uhh, I mean master hunter that threw his dignity away and said he wanted to be involved gets assigned to Team Tinfoil.

Regardless of what the Commissioner says about the randomness of being assigned to Team Tinfoil the deed is done did. You guys is stucked with me and I with you. I choose to believe it was random chance, a spin of the metaphysical wheel of randomness that put all of our orbits in the same path at the same time. Lets just hope that 5 giant bucks with orbits of their own cross into ours. Just remember to wear the tinfoil.

You guys think being on Team Tinfoil is bad, think of being on team 13, Team Unlucky Bastards.

Attn: Red Leader and #12 team members, this am while bow hunting I had 5 bucks and various does cruise past the stand. The bigger buck was a 3.5 yr old 8 point,and with the switching wind I was busted by at least half of the deer I saw. Still a great morning to be out!!

Good grief one slip of the computer key and I land on a great team with one tinfoil. We're on the board but not by much. Pics tomorrow. Old man is pooped.

Attn: Red Leader and #12 team members, this am while bow hunting I had 5 bucks and various does cruise past the stand. The bigger buck was a 3.5 yr old 8 point,and with the switching wind I was busted by at least half of the deer I saw. Still a great morning to be out!!

Keep after it. We are all depending on you. Your success is our success. Make it happen. And what ever motivational poster saying gets you back in the tree.

Looks like you are seeing them. Hope you connect.

We're on the board but not by much. Pics tomorrow. Old man is pooped.

Don't think for a second I missed the irony of the last guy to be on the team is the first one to score.

You're gonna be even more pooped carrying us all.

Congrats and can't wait to see the pics.

Sure hope it's a deer and not Pee Willy.

The rest of you guys, put on the foil and SCORE!!!!

I'm still planning on being in the tree tomorrow afternoon. I've packed extra foil because I have lots of brain waves to block.

Top Bottom