Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Team Big Beard kill thread

This is my entry for the year. This was my 4th season bird, my biggest hooks to date. He was a tricky tom to get. My first encounter with him was two days prior. When I had a pair of toms gobble at every call I gave them through the woods all the way to the field edge I was hunting. When they stepped out in the field they were in range but I was videoing and wanted them to come to the decoys instead they walked away. This was the first time that happened to me this year. Long story short I found out about tresspessing turkey hunters 3rd season and right where I hunted I found where they had set their tent and turkey feathers scattered all over. Sooo my new game plan was not exactly how I like to hunt but did it anyways. I got in the woods with no decoys two days later and started calling. Instantly I had the two toms chain gobbeling to my calls. They worked their way to me and finally showed themselves at 80 yds and flat hung up. Well this ain't going to happen I thought after watching them 10 minutes. Thats when I caught movement off to the left...4 jakes walking in between me and the two toms. Instantly just as I figured one of the toms fishes on the jakes chasing them around when one jake lines up on me on sprint toteing a big ole meany. Couldn't have worked out better.

image_zpsh3tklpth.jpeg

image_zps1q0t2hci.png

image_zpsin9zvakf.jpeg

image_zps93qh9b2h.jpeg

image_zpscxrrzkj5.jpeg

image_zpsyhe3kwks.jpeg

image_zpsthjbxkvc.jpeg

Just posting our second bird for team big beard. The story is the thread " My First Turkey". I'll probably never kill a turkey that scores higher than this bird or have a turkey hunt quite as amazing as the one I harvested him on. This was a great season overall even without filling my second archery tag. I also attached the hunt video below. The tom weighed 28lbs with a triple beard (10.5", 7", 6"), and 1 1/8" Spurs. http://youtu.be/YLKj3muBv04
Thanks everyone. Here is a better picture of the beards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom