Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Team Contest

CurtisWalker

Lets get a team contest going. Gross score counts towards the teams score(measurements must be provided). 4-5 member teams. Run it like the turkey contest. Get more people involved. Teams would be randomly generated off of a sign up list.

Rules:

1. Deer(whitetail/mulie/blacktail/coues)must be taken legally and ethically as laws apply in the state your hunting including tags.

2. Antlered deer only (whitetail, mule, blacktail, coues)including antlered doe, if it's tagged with a buck tag, it's in. One doe per person allowed for 25pts towards teams score.

3. We will be using the Pope &Young Gross/Green scoring system, no deductions. Velvet bucks scored the same. (See percentages below)

Whitetail (as norm):125/125 = score x 1
Columbia blacktail: 125/90 = score x 1.39
Sitka blacktail: 125/75 = score x 1.67
Mule deer: 125/145 = score x 0.86
Coues: 125/70= score x 1.79

4. Open to all members new and old. Please don't sign up and disappear, you'll be replaced. No more than 5 people per team, drawn randomly....alternate's when necessary starting with first come first serve

5. Signup begins today, Deadline to join is Jan 10th , alternatives will be taken as needed to complete teams after that date. Teams will be start being posted by Oct 23rd. All members will have until Jan 10th to check in with their team or they will be replaced.

6. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page to enter a deer. The weapon must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the weapon and yourself must be in the picture. This rule will be enforced with no exceptions with no apologies.

A) Within this post, the measurements as required by the P&Y scoring sheets shall be listed. Example as follows.

B) Total 131 2/8

Right ----- Left

MB 18 6/8 ----- 17 4/8
G1 4 ----- 3
G2 6 4/8----- 6
G3 6 4/8 ----- 4 6/8
G4 4 4/8 ----- 1
G5 1 -----

H1 5 6/8----- 6 2/8
H2 4 4/8 ----- 4 4/8
H3 4 4/8----- 5 6/8
H4 3 6/8----- 3 2/8

Inside spread 15 4/8

Abnormal points
1. 4

7. Total number of inches of all team member's animals will decide the winner....see rule

8. The entry must be posted within 10 days of taking it OR notification must be made to the team, team captain, participating moderator or admin that an animal is down.

9. No penned shot deer accepted, deer must be a free range wild animal regardless private or public land. Guided hunts acceptable as long as the animals are free range.

10. All disagreements, controversies and conflicts will be decided on by a majority vote from a panel consisting of Team Capt's and moderators participating within the contest. Those decisions will be final.

11. Contest ends Jan 15th

12. Rules set forth for a smooth contest, the main rule is to have fun and enjoy your fellow teammates and all the smack talk that goes along with this contest.

Last edited:
Lots of rules, but I'm in. Are ALL deer harvested in 2017 valid (01/01/17-12/31/17), or is this for the 2017-18 season ONLY (10/01/17 or earlier - 01/10/18)?

I'll play. All bucks shot per season right? I've scored deer myself before but figure I've been +/ 1inch...

I'll play. All bucks shot per season right? I've scored deer myself before but figure I've been +/ 1inch...
Yes, or we can do top archery buck per person and top gun buck per person to keep the fields even between land owners and urban hunters

What if you just did top buck for each person? Get through the seasons, and add your best buck into the teams score. I don't really care either way. Not everybody hunts multiple seasons. Could really skew the results if you have a team with a couple guys that are able to harvest 3 bucks vs. a team with that has guys with 1 anysex tag.

1 buck entry sounds best. Could get lopsided for the guys with landowner tags or guys who shoot one with their bow during late muzzy too. Either way I'm in, I already have the doe points taken care of. Lol.

Top Bottom