Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ted!

diesel45

picture.php
You know.......I have been bowhunting since I was 12 years old, so that makes this my 19th season. On Friday night I had the best night of my life in a deer stand. A buck that we named Ted (after the Nuge of course) decided to show his face about 150 yards from my stand. I had some pics of him last winter and I found both of his sheds this spring......so you could say that this buck was under my skin. I didn't get any game cam pics of him this year and hadn't laid eyes on him all fall so I was starting to get a little frustrated! Anyways, I couldn't tell right away if he was a shooter or not due to the heavy brush he was standing in until he stepped out in the clear. My heart immediately started beating out of my chest! He slowly started meandering toward me at a snail's pace, freshening up a scrape along the way. As soon as he got to roughly 65 yards a fertilizer truck conveniently started spreading fertilizer about 100 yards behind me in the field. I thought Ted was gonna get the hell out of there but to my surprise he just watched for a couple of minutes and continued on his path. After 20 minutes he came in to my lane at 25 yards and I put a rage in his cage! I watched the brute drop 60 yards down the hill and I just about fell out of my tree! We had him scored at the taxidermist yesterday and he scores a whopping 190 gross inches! He field dressed at 240 lbs (which made for a heck of a drag)! I feel so fortunate to have harvested an animal of this caliber!
picture.php

Top Bottom