Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

TeenageHunters 2014-2015 Journal

TheMadCatter

First off I'd like to let you guys know hunting and shed hunting doesn't consume my life...entirely. My 200 Free Relay is currently ranked 4th in the State for this weekend at Marshalltown. This weekend I swam High School Districts and got personal bests in all of my events besides my 50 Freestyle (Missed going to state in the 100 Freestyle just but a touch). Not only that but today I swam at Waukee YMCA for Sectionals and got personal bests in all my events. This will be my 8th year going to YMCA state and 2nd year going to High School State. I've also been a State Cross Country runner 2 years in a row and will hopefully make it in Track this year in the 1,600. Not to mention FFA, 4-H, Summer Swim, Club Swim, ect. I keep pretty busy.

Mostly due to swimming I've had to drop things I like doing IE Shed hunting and taking pictures. But I've managed to take one ATL this year :D It's at least a start. One of my main reasons for making this Journal is because I probably should quit flooding the main forum with threads and compile them into one big one.

So here's my outlook on the 2014 Season...

With the loss of one of the good farms I've been hunting this season will be different than most. I'm still going to try to shoot mature whitetails like 2013. But, I'm not going to take any does. Here's some up and comers I hope to see throughout the season...

This guy I know is still alive and I passed him up during bow season at 20 yards on the other side of the CRP.
picture.php

Now here's one I haven't got trail camera pictures of but I sure hope he's still kickin'!
picture.php

Honestly Turkey season looks promising...
picture.php

picture.php

This will hopefully be a food plot this year!
picture.php

This guy was still holding as of 2.6.14! I'm glad he made it through the season.
picture.php

My other goal is to either trap or shoot a bobcat next season, I've got enough pictures of them!
12135-pict3233_-_copy.jpg

picture.php

Here's a few on the 700 acre property I'm managing and I'm itching to get out and look for sheds on this place!
12135-pict3821.jpg

12135-pict2570.jpg

Maybe you can tell why?!
12135-pict3775_-_copy.jpg

12135-pict0358.jpg

12135-pict0338.jpg

12135-pict2372.jpg

I'll be posting more photos soon, I'll be sure to get that one ATL and pictures of the other sheds I've found asap! :)

Last edited:
Good stuff, TH. Good luck with the swimming, too. I remember it taking all my time back in the day but it was always worth it once we got to Iowa City, where the state meet used to be held. I hunted and fished my tail off after high school and coached my former team for a few years but always regretted turning down opportunities to compete at the next level. Keep hard at it so you dont end up with regrets like me!

12135-100_3374.jpg

I picked it up before I snapped a picture. Nice 4pt (would have been 5pt) side my friend found the match two days before and there was blood on the base.

Thanks for the journal TH. Plenty of time for hunting in your future but the opportunity for competitive sports is usually a short one for most people so hit it hard while you have the chances - best of luck to you.

Keep at it and if you want to continue into college do it even if it's not the college you want... I was offered scholarships for both football and soccer but said no because I was more interested in getting into a school with the best program for my major.. now I regret it and I can't change it.

Good stuff TH, some nice ones there!!

I will give you a little friendly, unsolicited advice too...your food plot to be shows some stumps about 8"-12" tall. I would cut those off flush to the ground before someone "finds" one of them later with a mower, ATV, truck, etc.

Don't ask me how I know! :D

Today was a good day! Non-shed hunting related. I got my first medal from state and watched my good friend break the state record in the 100 Fly! Our 200 Free Relay ended up 5th. Swam a :22.21 Split in my 50 Free (Our coach got it) the time system messed up at State for our relay.

ForumRunner_20140215_173712.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140215_173554.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140215_173554.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 101
Nice work pal. Low 22s is pretty quick. I didnt think that fly record would ever get beat so congrats to your friend as well.

Yep...that sucks big time. EHD victim most likely??? On the bright side (if there is one), most of the work for a decent euro mount is done for you. Thanks for the updates TH.

NWBuck

Top Bottom