Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Best Ground Blind

Originally Posted by Limb Chicken
I know where you can get your hands on a BS5 in brown deception if you are looking for one and the brown doesn't bother you.
It might just be me but when i had the brown one i seemed to get busted alot more than with the green.But thanks

Gotcha! No problem. :way:

This is the only time you will hear this Mazzurian agree with limb, but there is no other blind out there other than the dark horse. Its an awesome blind, I deer hunt a ton out of mine, and as long as you aren't out in the wide open, deer seem to completely ignore it.

I love my dark horse in lost camo. Also have one in ground swat thiesens had them on sale for 220

ASAT; end of discussion. Best pattern and best window setup for the ground. I have had rods break in my DB's, and my ASAT gets WAY more use with no failures, and my ASAT doubles as a kickbutt ice house. A buddy took a DB matrix ice fishing this weekend and it failed miserably.

ASAT looks like good snow camo as for timber or picked field.

I just looked at their web site and the test pix and it looks good from 50 or 60 yrds but up closer it stands out in every pick.

I dont care much for the ground swat either I wish they would go back to Predator.

Turkeys don't care what the blind looks like, and you don't need to blend in. I called a tom to my green tipi in my avatar this spring. The tipi didn't bother him at all. I like the ASAT blind as I can remove the netting if I wish and the window configurations are easy to shoot out of. As far as blending in, I can make my ASAT disappear, as in these photos, which is what is necessary imo to get close enough to a deer for archery.

asat6-2.jpg

asat4-2.jpg

asat1-2.jpg

35-1.jpg

36.jpg

Last edited:
I have the 1st ASAT blind to come out, it is called the Quickie. They sold everyone that was ever made quickly. Their new blind is the Reaper. I havent seen it, but at the ATA show last year, it got a lot of attention. You never see an ASAT blind for sale used on AT, and that is because we don't get rid of them.;)

http://www.asatcamo.com/4_3_blind.htm

Last edited:
Might as well have built a natural brush blind.........

As far as turkeys sure I'll agree with you.

Last edited:
I looked at the Crusher blind and I did not like it all. I actually thought the quality of material was much less. Almost like a windbreaker material. I am definitely sticking with my dark horse.

Thiesens had them on sale for 220 thats the lowest Ive ever seen.

They didnt last long at that price.

Otherwise this the lowsest Ive found

lowest online

Last edited:
Don't have a Dark Horse, but still LOVE my Matrix. Maybe I should be like Limb and buy a few DHs and stock up :D

Does the Dark horse have straps to attach vegatation or brush? I am still using one of Limbs past blinds and love it but it is kinda a pain to brush in for deer.

Top Bottom