Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The "Black Gun" Thread

muddy

I'll start it.

I have a DPMS Bull Twenty in 5.56/223, topped with a Burris E1 scope. Only upgrade I have done is a JP trigger installation, which is awesome. Keeping it company is my Kimber Custom TLE/TL 45 ACP 1911, which is a copy of the LAPD SWAT teams sidearm, it is also awesome.

2012-02-14142144.jpg

Glad to see this thread was started. My AR is boringly simple:

431743_930069062363_38212075_39843932_1625933666_n.jpg

I actually had the quad rail, vfg, flashlight and a primary arms mini red dot...but decided to go back to irons. I even picked up the slim plastic hand guards at a gun show. It's quite a bit lighter now and a lot easier to maneuver.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Although I live and breath traditional muzzleloaders, I'm do own a "Black" gun.;) Nothing fancy, I've owned this SKS since about 1992.

picture.php

I'll start it.

I have a DPMS Bull Twenty in 5.56/223, topped with a Burris E1 scope. Only upgrade I have done is a JP trigger installation, which is awesome. Keeping it company is my Kimber Custom TLE/TL 45 ACP 1911, which is a copy of the LAPD SWAT teams sidearm, it is also awesome.

2012-02-14142144.jpg

How much did this DPMS run you if you don't mind telling me?

I am thinking about getting an AR and I am trying to decide which one to go with.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Wasn't 1992 close to the ban years?

Yes it was. I think the ban started in 94. I mistakenly thought they would be collectors pieces so I never even took it out of the box for 6 or 7 years. :eek: Finally, my son talked me into getting it out so we could at least see what it looked like. After that, it was time to warm up the barrel. We shoot it about once a year or so. It's fun!!!

Sorry, this one is not “Black”…. :rolleyes:

Remington R-15 .223 caliber

picture.php

However, I do own a few “Zombie” firearms! After all, those Zombies aren’t going to shoot themselves. ;)

ScoringClinic058.jpg

Left to right:
Chinese SKS, 7.62x39
Mossberg 9200A1 Jungle Gun, 12 gauge
Russian Saiga AK-47, 7.62x39
Glock 26, 9mm

No games... identify, locate, & terminate..... end of problem!

Last edited:
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Hopefully the zombies come by my house first:way:
picture.php

And just in case they make it to the front door
picture.php

Muddy where did you get your trigger? Did you do the install?

I don't know where muddy got the JP trigger, but I can tell you installing an after market trigger in an AR is easy.

I put a Timney 3 pound trigger in my R-15. Took about 10 minutes. :)

Nacho, the gun alone was $950 or $999, can't remember. The trigger upgrade is $150, and totally worth it. The scope mount was about $80 I think, the scope $200 or $250, can't remember. The bipod is a $40 Walmart special.

Cooter, I bought it already upgraded, it came to Scheels upgraded like that. After dry firing the factory trigger then the JP it was a no brainer.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Rock River Arms Varmint EOP
.223 20 inch heavy barrel
Nikon Monarch UCC 5.5-16.5 x 44
Harris bipod 12-25"
Hornady vmax 55gr.

I have put Timney triggers in 3 of my other guns, but the RRA factory trigger was too good to warrant replacing.

Soon this gun will have a different stock on it, just not sure yet what I am going with.

IMG_0549.jpg

I am surprised how quickly this thread died. I guess only 10 or so guys on this entire forum own AR's (hard to believe). Luckily AR15.com has enough picture threads to keep me occupied for the rest of my life.

I'm honestly surprised at how well the irons shoot on my AR (DD A1.5 rear fixed iron and the stock front sight). Even at 100 yards I'm shooting 2-2.5" groups most days. They really are a joy to shoot.

I'm trying to decide if I'll keep it configured with irons or go to a 1-4x type of optic. I am probably going to do a 2.5-10 x 44 Vortex PST on my .30-06 and may look at the 1-4 x 24 for my AR.

I will see if I can get a few pics taken tonight.

I agree that the AR trigger switch is incredibly easy. There are plenty of youtube videos to help you along. I have always used the rock river national match trigger for my upgrades. Great trigger, and it doesnt break the bank.

I am surprised how quickly this thread died. I guess only 10 or so guys on this entire forum own AR's (hard to believe). Luckily AR15.com has enough picture threads to keep me occupied for the rest of my life.

I'm honestly surprised at how well the irons shoot on my AR (DD A1.5 rear fixed iron and the stock front sight). Even at 100 yards I'm shooting 2-2.5" groups most days. They really are a joy to shoot.

I'm trying to decide if I'll keep it configured with irons or go to a 1-4x type of optic. I am probably going to do a 2.5-10 x 44 Vortex PST on my .30-06 and may look at the 1-4 x 24 for my AR.

So was I, especially with everyone wanting the thread. Anyway, what brand is your AR? I like the looks of it and my next one will be a boringly simple set up with iron sights and probably only a trigger upgrade.

You can build from scratch cheaper if you want but need the know-how to pull it off. Buying partially assembled is the best answer for the rookie gun builder. I have a DPMS setup here with fully assembled upper and adj stock but unassembled lower (with all the parts) that a guy can get into for less than $500. Have also sold tricked out complete guns that were well over $4000.

Top Bottom