Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The "Black Gun" Thread

Ok here's my black gun..... dpms 5.56. Planning on adding an EOtech, just haven't convinced the wife its necessary.

Resampled_2012-03-02_21-14-11_702.jpg

^^ looks like the same base gun I have (AP4). I have a Primary Arms Mini Red dot for mine. I think my next AR is going to be an SPR type.

Need a 8 shot 12 guage pump in black in the post .Short barell ,lazer sight, better pucker factor. Oh short stock too.

63fb8b05.jpg

c2080105.jpg

Off the rack DPMS 556. Added quad rail with finger protectors, vertical grip, two point sling and bushnell red dot. Decided after first coyote trip to swap red dot for a scope. Mounted a redfield 4-12x40 and kept the red dot as a back up.

I've seen shooters at three gun competitions that mount a red dot on the side of the gun and run both. I may try that in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I like your vertical grip, mine seems a bit bulky at times. Do you like your red dot?

I do like the red dot. It's a primary arms mini red dot. I think I paid around $130 with the QD mount. Honestly I shoot irons most of the time, but the red dot is nice for getting on target quickly.

The VFG is just a cheapy I picked up at Scheels.

photo.jpg

i'll post another pic when it's done, but i've got a few more modifications/additions planned.

I'll throw in one that is a big throwback to THE ORIGINAL black gun! My dad bought this Colt AR when I was in 5th or 6th grade and the Springfield 1911 when I was in college. He ultimately wanted one of everything he either carried or was shot with when he was in Vietnam. That's also why I have an SKS and an AK-47 in the safe (used to have 2 SKSs and AKs, but had to make room and I didn't see the need for 2 of each of those). I have the bayonet for it somewhere, but can't find it right now. This rifle, the bayonet, and his helmet were used as a memorial at his funeral 8 years ago. I love shooting this thing and can't wait to teach my kids to use it! I'm also hoping this fire season will be good to me, because some of the rifles above have inspired me to add to my collection!

picture.php

I finally got around to taking a pic of my Zombie Beater. Rock River Arms Varmint EOP. This gun is absolute hell on coyotes, when I shoot straight anyway.
rra.jpg

thinking about building my next one. already have a .22 and 5.56 tho so im not sure which direction ill go with this one

Not a great picture but i have 3 ARs. One is a DPMS 308LR, a Stag Arms in 556 and its a true left hand AR, and a Smith & Wesson 22LR which is a blast to shoot!

ForumRunner_20120413_101518.jpg

Top Bottom