Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Coyote thread

dedgeez

death from above
We got criticized last week for no pics :grin:, so I'll start this thread for dead yotes :way:

Here's todays haul. 4 dead and a few that should have been :D

Feel free to add pics guys. I'll keep updating this as we go. This makes 14 in 3 weekends so far.

JakeWym with a good size male.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

We got criticized last week for no pics :grin:

Criticized...........seriously…… on this website, who would do such a thing?

How are you guys getting those coyotoes: calling, spot and stalk, running with dogs, pick-ups and radios???????????????

Keep those photos coming guys. :way:

Man I wish we had some snow here in SW Iowa. :(

What sounds were u guys using when you got there three yotes to come in?

Don't know for sure how far they came but started out with a woodpecker. Had the birds excited. Went to a jack rabbit in case they had been called before. But when we hit the cottontail here they came. One tried to nail the Quiver Critter. This was using the Powerdogg. Two were females and one male. Some days are luckier than others.

What gun is this? You get a new semi-auto rifle lately?

Yup. The 20icnch was too big to lug around. Put her together sat night. 5 shots to dial her in at sunrise and off to do the first set. After that I went back out to dial her in a little farther. 3-4 inch:D groups at 300a yards off of shooting sticks and 9 dollar box Remington whitebox. Killer!

She will be getting anew trigger though it is absolutely worthless.

I just got a Foxpro Wildfire and have never hunted yotes before, but want to give it a shot. What does your typical sequence consist of as far as what sounds and the duration? Like what do you start with and how long followed by this sound and length etc. Also, if you have any tips on what to use early vs. later in the season. Do you start out soft and then increase as time goes by? Mix in hand calling w/ and e-caller? How far away do you set the caller?

New at this so any info you are willing to divulge and take the time to write is appreciated.

1 afternoon and one morning in WY/NE

14 dogs spotted. 4 killed. One set had 4 called, only one killed, UGH.. Lotta misses on day #1. Prairie dogs ate up most of our time. It was just too dang nice out. I wish I had more pictures.

396324_3187972336433_1179540027_33432347_1500682676_n.jpg

427107_3187879454111_1179540027_33432320_1253548293_n.jpg

Top Bottom