Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Cracked Skull Bully

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
My buddy came down to hunt my place and there was a 6-7 year old I’ve followed for years. I had not laid eyes on him this year. I finally got trail cam pics of him around late November and he hadn’t broke a thing off. Really nice. Then- I notice a deer with a 30” spread!!! ;). What the heck!!! Lots of pictures. We pieced it together it was him and he Cracked his Skull. Still wanted to shoot him and I didn’t think he’d survive anyways. And he was mature!
Long story short...... buck walks out- I thought it was a young half rack and his right side was hanging. Nope- by this time- both sides are hanging down! Gave him the thumbs up.... buddy smokes him- perfect shot. Here’s photo as buddy just picks his rack up where he dropped and it goes right back into place. He brought to taxi and we have video of him opening him up. Skull all cracked to pieces but not brain injury. He was “totally fine” when we saw him walking. These dudes are so insanely tough it’s crazy. To call him aggressive is an understatement. He looked like Rocky at the end of the fight he barely wins. Unreal. His inside spread could go from
Like 19”-ish to almost 30”!!! ;). Tough dude and good one to take out & let the younger ones take his place. And we were happier than can be to get him (my buddy is about 6'6" & 275 so he's cursed for life on a picture doing deer justice :). Congrats to my buddy!
fb8a9f98d62183f74bd28b2ab9cd0c44.jpg

3acabe5752cd3c1735c8ed7279bccb7b.jpg

ef5a8b2b7f2cf5e747a3e3714ce4894b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That is totally bizarre. Yep. Great buck to get out of the way. Congrats to your friend.

That's nuts! Unbelievable that he was still alive! Congrats to your buddy on the harvest!

That’s amazing he was still going like nothing happened. Congrats on the buck. Looks like a bruiser for sure

It never ceases to amaze me what a whitetail can live thru. Tell your buddy congratulations.

Last edited:
Hard to believe sometimes how tough these critters are. Congrats to your buddy.. is he going to have taxi fix skull/rack back to original spread or is he going to leave him as-is?? just curious....

Hard to believe sometimes how tough these critters are. Congrats to your buddy.. is he going to have taxi fix skull/rack back to original spread or is he going to leave him as-is?? just curious....
The skull plate was all cracked up so theres only one option- piece it together and be just like he was before all cracked. Fits back together perfect but it’s a mess!

Top Bottom