Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Great Bucks of 2000

The 2000 Hunting Season proved to be an unbelievable year for Big Bucks harvested in North America.

Here is a confirmed list that continues to grow every day.

Score Hunter State Date Weapon Notes
Non-Typical Antlers
304 6/8 (Net) Beatty, Mike Ohio 11/8/00 Bow Confirmed

269 7/8 (Net) Simonitch, Randy Missouri 10/3/00 Bow Confirmed

242 (Net) Wachtel, David Tennessee 11/3/00 Muzzleloader Confirmed

237 2/8 (Net) Zach, Larry Iowa 10/0/00 Bow Confirmed

Typical Antlers

189 7/8 (Net) Shane, Ken Wisconsin 10/13/00 Bow Confirmed

We will continue to update as confirmation appears.

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 01-16-2001).]

I heard that Wisc broke their bow record with a 189" typ. buck. How many other states broke their records?
Jack

P.S. I went to the archery range in Des Moines and Erv told me about a 193 net typ from S.E. Iowa and I stopped in at Fin and Feather in Cedar Rapids and they showed me a picture of a 194 net typ shot north of C.R. both bow kills.
Jack

NW,

Thanks for the information and yes if Garry says so your probably right.
We sure enjoyed reading this last issue of Big Buck Magazine, give Garry our best.

deericon.jpg

Iowa Whitetail

I know of a gross 202-inch typical killed with a muzzleloader in northern Iowa on Christmas eve. I saw a photo of it yesterday and chatted with the hunter. It's got some deductions, but it may still be close to 190 depending on how the common bases are scored. Either way it should be a state record muzzleloader typical.

Thanks for the updates! We have a pretty long list of record bucks but we are only listing the confirmed bucks, confirmed being official panel measured bucks.

So as time goes on we feel more and more of these animals will show up on the list.

Thanks,

-iowawhitetail.com-

I hope all of these big deer will be at the classic and enter the "BIG BUCK" contest. I'll be managing the contest this year and I sure like to hand out trophies to these monsters. If you have any questions about the classic or the deer contest give me a call. If I don't know the answer, I'll find out for you. Good luck!!
Bruce Wohlers 319-291-3965 evenings

I am mounting a 203" gross, 193" net typical gun kill from IL. It is an incredible deer as it is only a 5x5 and would net 198" without 4 short stickers near the bases. Look for it in NA Whitetail soon. Have heard of another IL buck near 200" typ. Chris

Top Bottom