Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The *NEW * Mathews "Outback"

Rackaddict

Life Member
I heard today that Mathews has a new bow out called the "Outback". I'm told by the local dealer that it is similar to the SQ2. It has the 31" length but has the V cup limb pockets, cable rollers, string suppressors, and an 80% let off and has a 7 5/8" brace height. It sounds like a winner to me. I'll let you know how it shoots when mine comes in.
waytogo.gif

Anyone seen it yet? Muddy, I bet you have a secret burning desire in your heart to get one of these little gems don't you?

Stay tuned folks, "Robin Hoyt" is about to speak!
evil.gif

Actually Muddy and I went looking for toys on Monday. We shopped around and he showed me some bows that he liked. I told him that they bow I wanted wasn't out on the market yet - that being a 30-32 inch equivalent to the LX. Didn't realize it would be 2 days later when it was released. Wish I had the money. Dreaming.....

morning rack, my mathews rep contacted me last week about some of the new models for mathews this year. i was told to keep the info to myself. well someone leaked so here goes...... the new outback will be a cross between a sq2 and a lx. 31 in axel to axel, 8 in brace height, string suppressors, ham dampeners, v-lock limb pockets.ibo speed around 310 fps. he told me they will be shipping each dealer (1) bow for display to take orders off of. those orders will be available sometime in jan. they will intro 4 new bows this year, disc 4 also......sq2, q2, q2xl, ultra 2 all gone.... very little info on the rest of new models.the new poster child for mathews will be the outback.....
cool.gif
cool.gif

Rack, you got me all excited and I went straight to Mathews website after reading that and their site wasn't up to date. Thanks for the info MAXRACX. Someday I might have me one of those. Can't wait.

here's a question for you Mathews shooters...

that new roller thingy that they use in place of a cable slide. now, on any bow when you draw back the wheels cause the cables to slide back towards the shooter, hence a cable slide. with the newer mathews i have to wonder if having that roller that doesn't move back towards the shooter is putting extra stress on the limbs?? i've noticed that they will flex down more than a bow that has an actual cable slide because the cables cannot move back as the wheels roll over.

don't get me wrong, mathews makes a great bow and if i had not got such a good deal on my RazorTEC i very well may be shooting a mathews right now, but i didn't. in all honesty the legacy was the first bow in a LONG time that i could pull back and allow my shoulder to roll over naturally. after a bad baseball pitching experience i've had much trouble drawing my bow by the normal rolling over technique.

Rack - you're always trying to stir up trouble between us hoyt people and you mathews people. but, i suppose that's what i can expect from a "stylist". have you perfected your mullet cut yet??
busted.gif

let's you and me compare our year end success and then decide who's shooting a "gem".
smokin.gif

Bring it on "Robin Hoyt". Just so we keep things fair, are you moving to SW Missouri to hunt or am I moving to Iowa? I know which of the two I'd choose. Remember, if you come here, there is no crop land for the deer to feed in, the woods are thick and dense and the bucks are almost completely nocturnal and rarely make a scrape due to poor buck to doe ratios. A bedding area is anywhere they want and everything is a funnel. Kinda makes it hard to pattern a deer at times. I'm sure you could do it though.
icon_rolleyes[1].gif

As for my Mullets. I would love to have you as a model to display my latest "Joe Dirt" creation. You would be perfect! They work so much better on pointed little heads!
evil.gif

Back to the topic, I'm really looking forward to getting the new Outback from Mathews. I had my hopes pinned on them making an SQ2/LX hybrid. I was counting on it being called the SLX but I like the name they picked better. The SLX sounds more like a Luxary Sedan.

bawling.gif
wah[1].gif

poor rack, if you listen carefully you can hear the violin playing in the background as he talks about SW missouri...or are those dueling banjos?

Muddy, I hear you on the baseball injury tore my rotator cuff soph year of college and i've had trouble pulling my bow as well. I found the Legacy easy to pull as well. I think this Hoyt shooter is going over to the dark side this spring. A Legacy has my name on it.

Any ideas on retail???? I want one but these things are getting out of touch for poor cops with kids!
frown.gif
bawling.gif

They are all becoming overpriced Bowman, regardless of the mfg. I bet it costs less than 125 each to build the top of the line bows (hoyt or mathews) but every time there is a new innovation, the price continues to soar. WOuld not be so bad if they kept their value.
confused.gif

Bowman, i hear ya. Us poor cops cant afford much can we. By the way, didn't I meet you a few years ago at FTO school? Anyway, I love my Q2XL, but i do feel Matthews bows are overpriced. My first bow was a Martin Phantom. I paid $350 for it and sometimes i wonder why i bought the matthews. My martin is very quiet, light weight, and smooth. I havent had one ounce of trouble with it either. I have had a cracked limb on the matthews. Granted, it was covered by warranty, but for the price of a matthews, i didnt expect this to happen. Friends of mine who are matthews owners have had the same problems.

The bow I am shooting now is a Martin that I paid $300 for. I am debating if buying this new Mathews would be worth a $350 price difference. I know I want to shoot it when I have a bit more money to spare to see for myself, but I was wondering some others opinions. THANKS!!

Bowman, a good friend of mine has an archery shop here and is the only Mathews dealer in the area, (dealer protection from Mathews). He sells four different brands of bows and told me that Mathews allows him the most profit of any of the brands, a little over $150 per bow and he usually sells 100 -120 Matties per year.That's not to mention all of the goodies he gets to sell to go along with the bows. Hell some of those guy's and gals are walkin outta his shop with friggin mortgage payments!!
crazy.gif
I'll stick to my $200 longbow thank you, I've never had a deer tell me they preferred being killed with a compound over a longbow.
grin.gif

Hey bobcat the shop here sold 39 mathews last month and is at 29 so far this month. That's not including the martins and other odds and ends he sold. When I bought mine I paid a little over a grand and that is with me already having my own sights. I can't imagine what these guys are paying for all the goodies. This guy is making a killing.

I don't understand all the hoopla of a Mathews or Hoyt.I shoot a Fred Bear TRX and it is a sweet bow at half the price of the other two.Not to mention it has left a few Hoyt and Mathew boys sobbing like school girls during 3-D season(but that could have been the shooters also)
bawling.gif

Top Bottom