Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The *NEW * Mathews "Outback"

Any Mathews reps out there! Why doesn't Mathews make anything in a 32" draw length? Oh well, I guess I will keep shooting the #1 bow on the market HOYT!

I agree I would love to shoot 32" at 80-100 pounds, but it does not seem to be an option except for the Bow Tech Samson. When I was 15 I was shooting a Oneida Eagle at 101 pounds for competition, I loved it. I would imagine with a high quality bow like Mathews, it would be a tack driving penetration machine.
grin.gif

" with the newer mathews i have to wonder if having that roller that doesn't move back towards the shooter is putting extra stress on the limbs?? i've noticed that they will flex down more than a bow that has an actual cable slide because the cables cannot move back as the wheels roll over."

Muddy, you are right, they do pull more than other lines...this is by design. They and Bowtech are workin with the idea of "Parallel Limb design" and have been doing so since '96. As the years have gone on though, they seem to get more and more so. IaArcher may have to correct me some, but I believe it is to reduce vibrations by sending the limbs in an equal and opposite direction. Least ways, that's what the reps say.
26404-archer[1].gif

These are some good posts, as I am preparing to purchase a new bow. I have been using a bow that I purchased used over 12 years ago for $100.

Killed my first buck with it 4 years back. Now I'm ready to invest some cash in a top of the line bow, and am wondering where to look.

Seems like Mathews or Hoyt. ??

I happen to be a Mathews fan myself. Hoyt makes a hell of a bow, as do most of the other manufacturers these days. The it all boils down to what you can do with the bow that is in your hand. I have a Black Max 2 on order. Own both a Feather Max and an SQ2. My first bow was a Bear Whitetail Legend, followed by a Pearson Spoiler. A few recurves and one longbow still reside in my home. I've shot many more bows than those listed and will attest to the fact that the guys without good form, and who fail to spend the rest of the year practicing their shot and who spend the high dollars on bows that propel arrows at just sub-sonic speeds with a trajectory flatter than a table top just end up missing faster.( run-on sentence ??
wink.gif
I love seeing that at 3D shoots! Fact is guys, shoot what you can afford, but no matter what machine you choose... shoot it well. Good Hunting.

Picked up my outback last night, 70 lb 29 inch draw, set it at 67lb shooting a 348 gr arrow it hit 292 fps. smooth draw, almost zero recoil. as posted above it looks alot like the lx only shorter, 7 5/8 brace height, same cam as the lx. I love it...

Matt

Wetlab, I'm still planning on getting the Outback but due to some post wedding blue$$$$$$$$$$$, need I say more, it might be a month or three before I do. So tell me, is it quiet? My Feather Max whispers death when I shoot it and I'm hoping that the Outback does the same.

I was shooting a Mathews z-max before, and lets just say its night and day, super quiet, smooth drawing, zero recoil, I couldn't believe the difference. As for speed I really didn't give much up, same arrows I went from 299 to 292. The way I see it, quieter smoother, tighter groups easier to draw. As much as I love my z-max, I doubt I will ever shoot it again..

I think the only thing that I am going to change is, I am going to take Mathews overdraw off and put on a drop away rest.. There just seem to be too many benifits to a drop away..

Matt

I went to the bow shop and shot one today. All I can say is WOW! There is no recoil and no vibration what so ever. I like the new Realtree Hardwoods HD camo on it too. I'm pretty sure I'm going to put the Quik Tune drop away rest designed for the Mathews cable roller guard on it. I have the Trap Door rest and like it on my Feather Max but I really like the set up that Quik Tune offers.

I'm saving the $$$$$$$$$$$! Who am I kidding, I'll buy it now and worry about paying for it later!
grin.gif

I went to the hunting and fishing expo in C.B. this weekend and looked at the BowTech for the heck of it. I was very, very impressed with how the grip felt and the draw cycle was as smooth as silk. I'm a huge Hoyt fan but it's kinda hard after a while to ignore some of these other quality bows. Just my 2 cents worth. Parallell limbs are here to stay that's for sure!
smokin.gif

Re: The *NEW * Mathews "Outback" (PIC)

It's a real shame that Mathews doesn't make a two cam as an option. I might buy one if they did. Pickin's are getting pretty slim on two cam bows, I really want to buy a new bow this year. It's has to be two cam or I ain't buying!
laugh.gif

too bad they don't update their website with their new bow. Can't quite make out that ad Rudd.

Yeah....sorry for the crappy image.....it was BAD where I took it from. Kinda a Teaser anyway.

Muddy, Mrs. Rack is all for the idea. Don't ask me why but I'm sure it will cost me something. Anyway, it sure was sweet to hear her say she thought I deserved a new bow. Like I said, I'm sure it's gonna cost me. She probably has her eye on something that costs around $2000.00 and this is just ammo in the making. What the heck, I'm going for it, besides, she got me a gift certificate to the bow shop for Christmas to go towards the purchase so I have to buy it now.
grin.gif

Shredder, What do you mean by sluggish. Did it seem to shoot slow or to draw or what. I need to know man!
bigshock.gif

Top Bottom