Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The *NEW * Mathews "Outback"

Re: The *NEW * Mathews "Outback" (PIC)

Well I've put my order in on a new Outback. I'm just wavering between the two arrow rest i'm looking at. I'm either going to go with the Trophy Taker Shakey hunter or a whisker biscut. I shoot no competative 3D, 99.9% of my shooting is hunting, and practicing for hunting. I was just wanting some input on these rest as I have no experience with either. What would you guys use? I'm leaning towards the Trophy Taker, right now.

trophy taker, it's quieter than a biscuit. you will also not have to refletch arrows after you shoot them 3 times. if you can make up your own arrow holder for a TT you'll be VERY pleased. if you look at my "member" photo gallery i have a pic of my sights that are all bent out of shape, you can see what my arrow holder looks like from that pic. it's an old cable slide modified and glued to my riser. works great.

thanks sounds good
icon_headbang.gif

SWIABooner,
They actually make an arrow holder now it is on their site. I have a TT and love it. I know a lot of fellas on the site use them as well. The shakey hunter wasn't out when I purchased mine or I would have probably gone with it!
waytogo.gif

i purchased the new outback also. i looked at the trophy taker and the trophyridge dropzpne. i decided to go with the dropzone, it was very easy to set up and tune, it is also very quiet and vibration free. i think it was a good match for my outback. just food for thought, good luck with you new bow.

So far so good! I've been doing some shooting and it certainly seems like the Outback was a good choice. My groups are much tighter with it than my FMAX, probably due in part to the increased brace height and also it's a pound heavier which makes it easier to hold steady. Good luck to the rest of you who have purchased one of these beauties. Hope you enjoy them.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom