Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Story Of HeartAttack....... 3 Year Quest

LYON said:
I think this was implying you may have been a year young. Was likely 4 in 2010 and is now 6 and going downhill.

This was my guess, or possible explanation, regardless , a stud buck.

I think this was implying you may have been a year young. Was likely 4 in 2010 and is now 6 and going downhill.

I could be a year young because he was still in velvet when i was trying to age him....... He lacked a lot of body mass but it could have been from his foot preventing him from traveling and packing on the pounds

Stud buck!!!! Am I the only one that's confused on his 2011 pictures? In the first pic he has a sweet drop off the right side, and in the second pictures he has 3 drops off the left side. I assume he had 4 drops orginally and broke all 3 off of the left side, and you can't see the drop on the right side in that picture? Regardless he's an unbelievable buck

The points on his left side are not drops, they are just on the inside of his beam and when he bends down you can see them better. He only has one drop tine and its shorter in 2012 than it was in 2011

Awesome deer man! I hope that you get him this fall. I love big deer, but I love them even more when their is history behind them! Kill that freak!

I'm certainly no big buck expert, but I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep over how much different he is this year from last year. Most guys spend a lifetime just trying to get a chance at a buck of that caliber. Like others have said, I wouldn't worry about the score. He's an awesome buck and you have a history with him, which, IMHO, makes him the ultimate trophy! Good luck!

I agree with the other guys. I don't care how much he scores. He's a stud of a mature buck and you have a history with him. Best of luck getting him this year

I didn't get to see the pics either, but good luck with him.

I read the other thread too and have a suggestion for you.......I read in the other thread that you're hoping to get the story in NA Whitetail and I hope you get the buck and some great photos so you can do just that. I've read several columns from editors of mags that said they turned down submissions for stories because they had already been told on internet forums. I understand their point....if they're going to pay money and put stories and pics in their mags (which they make money off of from sales, advertising, etc) they figure that they should have a level of 'exclusivity' to the story, pics, etc.
So I guess what I'm saying is that if I were you, if I were fortunate enough to harvest this deer and you really want to have the story in a mag, I would hold off on putting the rest of the story, pics ect on any forum. JMO, do with it what you'd like.

With that said, I would really like to see the story & pics here, but I subscribe to NAWT, so hopefully I'll get to see it there.
Good luck!

I didn't get to see the pics either, but good luck with him.

I read the other thread too and have a suggestion for you.......I read in the other thread that you're hoping to get the story in NA Whitetail and I hope you get the buck and some great photos so you can do just that. I've read several columns from editors of mags that said they turned down submissions for stories because they had already been told on internet forums. I understand their point....if they're going to pay money and put stories and pics in their mags (which they make money off of from sales, advertising, etc) they figure that they should have a level of 'exclusivity' to the story, pics, etc.
So I guess what I'm saying is that if I were you, if I were fortunate enough to harvest this deer and you really want to have the story in a mag, I would hold off on putting the rest of the story, pics ect on any forum. JMO, do with it what you'd like.

With that said, I would really like to see the story & pics here, but I subscribe to NAWT, so hopefully I'll get to see it there.
Good luck!

I never thought about that! anything to increase my odds of making the cover!

Top Bottom