Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

The Tall Ten

WhitetailWarrior

Here is a deer that I believe I saw last year. Last year he was a 4x5 that I thought was 3.5 years old. He had no mass and long tines. It looks like he grew a g-4 on the right side and became a main frame 1 this year. Thinking about shooting him but not sure if he should be on the hit list or if he needs one more year. What do you guys think on age and score??

Tallten1.jpg
[/IMG]

tallten2.jpg
[/IMG]

tallten3.jpg
[/IMG]

tallten4.jpg
[/IMG]

tallten5.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd agree with you that he's 4&1/2. In my opinion- he has the look like he will be bigger next year. If you could hold out and think he'll make it- I think he's not to his peak BUT obviously whatever your goals are should be your decision of course. Great buck!

He is a dandy!

He is gonna be an absolute pig if he makes it another year. I would be letting the arrow fly in my hunting areas but if you think he can make it through the year in your area he will be a once in a lifetime trophy!

Damn, he is wide and tall, I would try to let the air out of him. Not very much mass and he would jump another twenty inches or so next year. Your choice.

He would have to be safe in my house with a feed bag around his neck before I'd pass him up, shoot him if you get the chance. Too many variables involved to pass a buck like that up.

He's got some serious lenght to those tines, but not much mass, he's body looks really slender so he's definitally got some more growing to do. I'd shoot, depends on how much pressure from other hunters you have in your area.

That buck's got footlong 2s and 3s... I won't pass a deer like that in my lifetime... but its up to you haha

I would say he's only 3.5 though! Could be scary next year!

He would have to be safe in my house with a feed bag around his neck before I'd pass him up, shoot him if you get the chance. Too many variables involved to pass a buck like that up.

Ditto.... a buck of that caliber is extremely difficult to get in bowrange... if he makes it to another year then great... but if I can close the deal on him this year then I would not pass him up. :way:

I would shoot him without thinking, but I don't have the discipline to pass a deer like that. If you can I think one more year would put this deer in a whole nother class.

Top Bottom