Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This Ain't Good

I'm afraid if Thomas sets out after that swine that this could be the end result. :moon: :D

picture.php

that is funny! but kinda scary at the same time.... where does a picture like that come from????

that is funny! but kinda scary at the same time.... where does a picture like that come from????

I believe it's one of 3 manbearpigs left in the world. Oddly enough they are all from West Virginia...... weird.

Fairly docile creatures, and rather shy. I think their diet consists mostly of corndogs and pickled herring. They originated in Ohio, but migrated East due to the cold winters. I'm pretty sure this picture was taken in a lab at WVU shortly after she farrowed.

Of course....... I could be mistaken though. :rolleyes:

I don't buy that at all... I bet this crap was created at the University of Michigan... no way its any other place.... that college is full of whackos that would work on something like this....

:grin:

Since it only takes 2-4 weeks for a farm pig to become a feral hog in the wild. You can shoot it!:)

Feral Hogs
Feral hogs are trying to gain a foothold in
certain parts of Iowa. They use heavy cover, are
difficult to find and even more difficult to hunt.
Hunters are encouraged to watch for feral hogs
while out hunting other species and to kill them
on sight. It is legal to kill feral hogs on your own
property and on public lands where hunting is
allowed. Trespassing on private land to shoot a
feral hog is not allowed.
Feral hogs are not native to Iowa and no
permit is needed to take a feral hog.
Feral hogs are aggressive and prone to attack.
They spread diseases to humans, pets and
domestic animals. These animals damage crops
and forest lands which contributes to soil erosion
and siltation. They also compete with native
wildlife for food. They eat anything they can
catch including reptiles, amphibians, deer fawns,
bird eggs and newly born livestock.
If you should happen to kill a feral hog,
contact the local wildlife biologist (see p. 45).
The DNR would like to collect a blood sample.

Last edited:
x2! I'll bring the beer and whiskey to watch that!

YEP, save some tailgate space for my arse, too!!!:drink1:

See, that's where everyone is getting stuck. It is not Thomas's, mine or anybody else's here call on what to do or how to catch the ESCAPED pig (it is NOT feral!). That pig is someone's property and nobody but the owner has a right to it.

Ummm, okay...then how long does it take before "said swine" is converted into the DNR's explanation of a "damage causing feral"?

Ummm, okay...then how long does it take before "said swine" is converted into the DNR's explanation of a "damage causing feral"?
You conveniently trimmed off the part about calling the Sheriff/CO in the quoted text, which is how you will find your answer. ;)

I have been on this site for a few years now & it seems like less and less of us "rookie" posters add much to any conversation due to the fact that there is always someone who has the exact right answer, or gets the pot stirring somehow, i understand we are in the dog days of summer but come on guys, this is a great site for info and stories to be shared without being picked apart by some of the sites "worlds greatest bowhunters"! I think most of us understand their are people on this site with a wealth of knowledge to share and thats great! Then there are those that just seem to enjoy rubbing all of the common guys faces in it!!! Just my opinion!

O good lord, its a pig. Call the owner, tell him your going to shoot the thing, and he'll say thanks. Then call me, I'll pull the smoker up and we'll have a roast. If the landowner is upset with the situation, tell him to come get the hog, or we're going to have a hog roast next weekend.

Top Bottom