Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

this is why I don't buy rages.

No matter what broad head is on the arrow it could have been deadly. He escaped a very very close call, and I can't imagine going through that.. comes down to safety. No way a bow should have been pointed in his direction, while drawn. No matter how big of a buck is there, not safe, dont even think about shooting.. Another reason I have zero tolerance for bad decisions while hunting. One mistake could be someone's last mistake. Gun or bow. And I've expressed that to everyone who hunts with me.. ducks geese, archery, or shotgun/muzzy.

That link would not open for me. I dislike the Rage heads and was very curious what I would see.

scary stuff. hopefully everyone uses this as a reminder to be safe this fall! even a "buck of a lifetime" isn't worth risking someone's life.

I shoot the Rage 2-Blade religiously as well and I have never watch a deer I shot leave my sight, also every one was a pass through, I credit my PSE EVO with that. I now have the DNA.
BUT, this isn't about the broadhead failing, This is about God not wanting it to open. Period! Go pick a 3 blade rage up and try to figure out how to make 2 of the blades deploy and the 3rd not to... hopefully this dude knows that he's still here for a reason.

No matter what broad head is on the arrow it could have been deadly. He escaped a very very close call, and I can't imagine going through that.. comes down to safety. No way a bow should have been pointed in his direction, while drawn. No matter how big of a buck is there, not safe, dont even think about shooting.. Another reason I have zero tolerance for bad decisions while hunting. One mistake could be someone's last mistake. Gun or bow. And I've expressed that to everyone who hunts with me.. ducks geese, archery, or shotgun/muzzy.

Very well put, and yes this guy was lucky to survive.

I lost 3 deer before I wised up and stopped using them.

Not the broadheads fault, shot placement or giving up on the trail.
I've heard it 100 times " I hit it right behind the shoulder". If that was the case they would have been dead well inside of 200 yards, no matter what head your using.

I stopped using rage for the fact that one shot you need a new broadhead or blades. The blades are not durable at all. However I did get full deployment on my first deer and had a great blood trail no pass through though

I Will agree that they are a 1 and done head unless you want to start dropping a lot of money on replacement blades and taking them apart. Fixed blades are far less messing with, resharpen and throw them back in the quiver.
I did grab a pack of the New steel hypodermics to try out, maybe the ferrul will keep from bending...

I saw that too. Yeah, I've never been a fan, but most of the pro's out there must because they sure sponsor a lot of them!

Epek's are sweet...

BUT, this isn't about the broadhead failing, This is about God not wanting it to open. Period! Go pick a 3 blade rage up and try to figure out how to make 2 of the blades deploy and the 3rd not to... hopefully this dude knows that he's still here for a reason.

Bingo! It's to east to explain one miracle away as "luck" but throw in another (the fact that the arrow didn't make it to his spine) and it gets a whole lot more convincing that there is more going on than just dumb luck.

Shot placement is the most important part of the shot, but 2 blades do serious damage. 90% of my deer have died in 40 yards.

Not the broadheads fault, shot placement or giving up on the trail.
I've heard it 100 times " I hit it right behind the shoulder". If that was the case they would have been dead well inside of 200 yards, no matter what head your using.

Well there ya go, you know it all since you were there.

Top Bottom