Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

thoughts and comments

pandy175

Headed out Thurs- Sun. I guess the question I have is decoy or not? If yes, buck or doe? Thoughts for the 10 thru 13 of Nov.

I would never use a decoy ever, but thats just me
blush.gif
I wouldn't have confidence in having a decoy out if a buck of a lifetime was strolling in, goodluck
smile.gif

I hunted last week with carry-lite buck decoy. Rattling every 30 min grunting sequence. In 3 hunts saw two small 6-8 pointers that stopped short stomped and walked off. A more dominate 10 pointer cam right in ready to fight. My experience is that if you decoy and rattle you should only be after a trophy, it seems to keep does and smaller bucks away. Which may somewhat decrease your odds later in rut if the Bucks are running does hard. Watch some of the Primetime buck video series many of their guys hunt November with decoys and rattling very educational and most hunts are in midwest.

GOOD LUCK!

Had a busted up 8 or 10 on Sun. afternoon at 2 come into 65 yds. saw the decoy looked around jumped the fence and got straight down wind of the dominant buck scent and high tailed it back to where he came from. Just not sure if I want to take the chance or just rattle, grunt and doe bleat without the decoy

I have had both good and bad responses - doe decoy seems to produce more bad than good for me but the buck decoy is mainly good.

I second that. I had some negative results with mine. I used the doe too much. I sold mine to Bradsbucks so I supposed he will kill a 180" buck over it.

Top Bottom