Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Thuja Green Giant

Jbohn

Does any one have a source for bulk purchase they have used or recommend . Looking to add a few with my red cedars and see how they do . Also interested in the Thuja green rocket..

I cant help you as I had never heard of them but a quick search has my interest peaked as well. It does look like I may be a little north of there recommended range? I wonder what the odds of winter kill are?

When I bought my green giants, bought them from botany shop. Website seems to not be working at the moment, so not sure what prices are like for different sizes and quantities, but they did have a good product. But my climate will kill them if planted in open conditions, so have planted the rest in the woods and they have survived so far. For hillrunner and me, cultivars of white cedar will work better, like hetz wintergreen.

Where are you guys located that you believe to be too far north? Just curious as the few maps I see seem to show clear to northern IA.

Not questioning you as I am sure your 1st hand experience trumps the maps online but was just curious of location.

I live near denison, which is west central part of state. A lot of it has to do with how exposed the location is and how different evergreens handle it. I haven't been able to use it for its main purposes of screening and windbreaks.

Top Bottom