Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tick Alert!

Pulled one off last Wednesday up here in north east iowa. If there's a tick out there I usually can find it

Permathrine - no more tick worries.
I used it for the first time last year and ive just treated all our turkey gear for this spring.
I did find one on myself and one on my dog so far this year.

3 of them buried in me on Saturday when I was doing some timber work here. I am a freakin magnet for those things

The P stuff really works! Used it last Summer. Doesn't always keep the rotten chiggers at bay though. a few always seem to get thru :(

We had them damn things crawling on us already on March 10th.. still snow on the ground in the woods.. they are Relentless! We picked them up I believe while walking through a southern exposed grassy area.

I have to second and third the permethrin recommendations. As Sligh said, just get a big jug from Amazon and you dilute it and spray all your clothes. I've watched ticks crawling up my pants and just curl up and fall off. Nothing better.

Mix your own like sligh says. 100 times cheaper!
Be super careful of your dogs eyes, ears, head in general. It does wonders for late season shed hunting/ habitat improvement and turkey hunting.

Mix with water. Pick up a bottle spray can of permithrin or read about the "ready to use" % rates on the label (you can look it up online I'm sure). Then, you'll buy the concentrate and dilute it to a similar level.

Snow on the ground yet here in WI and picked quite a few off me this past weekend. Didn't think they'd be out yet!

I take it that it is skin friendly....ok for use on little ones? I know you don't put directly on skin but one of my little guys can be sensitive.

Do not apply to skin. Apply to clothes only. It's the best thing u have ever seen- just wait!!! I hit the clothes hard & dry on deck in sun. Can even fold clothes back up and put in drawer after dry. No odor & works a million times better than bug spray. Do not put on skin.
I like that its only on my clothes and its a million times safer than having lymes disease.

So if it is not safe for the skin I would assume you just treat the outer shell of your clothing? What happens after it dries and you handle the clothes...mostly talking about little ones here. Thanks!

Do you mix with water? What rate do you mix it? Thanks for info.

I believe that the Sawyer brand that is marketed to spray on clothes contains about 0.5% permitherin. If you want to duplicate that % with the bottle that Sligh1 had a link to (which contains 36.8% permitherin) then you should add about 2oz of the permitherin to 1 gallon of water or 1/2oz to 1 quart of water...that is, if I did my math correctly.

Top Bottom