Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tilled

loneranger

I tilled up an old clover plot this morning. Took advantage of the clouds. Courtesy of the Tropical storm. Coarse it couldn't give us any rain. And in fact it is just keeping the weather systems from moving. Ground was dust 8 inches down. What happened to all our reserve moisture.? Days of rain sure disappeared fast ! The plot is 70 yrds by 20 yrds. Tilled it with my little two ft wide walk behind tiller. Was tough but I got it done. I have some radish and turnip seed. Gonna need either a huge 2 in down pour or consistent rains to plant any of that. Forecast doesn't look like that. Coarse ya never know. NWS forecast wide spread Thunder storms with the last 2 fronts. Blue skies prevailed. So you cant depend on any forecast. Once you get into a dry pattern it tends to stick. Just like a wet one. At least my heart got a good work out though!! Never seems to provide some rain every once and awhile throughout the growing season anymore. A flood or nothing seems to be what is normal now. I did manage to put my sprinkler on a pail out in my new clover plot. Moved it around and gave most of it a half inch, Water bill is gona be something else. I have a garden and hey I am even keeping my yard grass alive. Just barely. Yea I know. I am the always dry guy. But believe it or not,,,It's dry again.

Top Bottom